Mopar Nationals

-

LS-300

Reaction score
Now that I have you attention I need some info about the nationals. At one time it was held in Indianapolis IN. What year did it move back to National trails in Columbus OH? Was it 86 or 87? I went back then, my only time with my car, and was wondering if they had commemorative license plate back then. Looking for 1988.

Last edited:
Kinda funny,I went to the one in Indy in 84-my buddy drove his volare road runner on the track itself(we had a event car prevent any track antics in front pacing us) good times seeing wing cars on that high bank still have photos It was called the Chrysler Car Club Convention back then The Nats in Columbus back then was awesome and a bit out of control at times Street burnouts with cops watching Cruising Brice Road still have pics of that too

Last edited:
Now that I have you attention I need some info about the nationals. At one time it was held in Indianapolis IN. What year did it move back to National trails in Columbus OH? Was it 86 or 87? I went back then, my only time with my car, and was wondering if they had commemorative license plate back then. Looking for 1988.
Pretty sure it was moved in the 90s

IMG_0020.JPG

'82 and '83 was at Chelsea/ Milan Dragway, IIRC.
RTS Club put it on. (as seen above)

I was at Indy in 1984, had to hitchhike down from Lafayette because I was broke and my 340-4-speed Duster had 4.88 gears. There was a guy selling 3-NOS 69 Dart GTS finish panels, I almost cried when I saw them as I had no money. I saw a guy carrying them out later and asked what he paid for them, he said $150...:mad:

I did find an article from Hot Rod magazine talking about the 25th Anniversary that had the years and locations. That's how I came up with it must have been 1988 I was there. I went up on Sunday and the guy at the gate was signalling to me about a wrist band ,which I didn't have, so I paid at the gate and drove in. Don't remember how many rolls of film I went through but still have the pictures. But does anybody know if there was a 1988 license plate for the event?
Here is a link to the article from Hot Rod: 25th Anniversary of the Mopar Nationals - Mopar Muscle Magazine

-
Back