mopar nationals

-

ron spilman

The Kaptain
Reaction score
anyone going to the mopar nationals in columbus this year? ive never been before but im am going this year. i am going with a buddy of mine and we are taking our boys - kinda of a guys weekend away! checked the web site for it but it really didnt say much about what exactly goes on. can any of you give me a little info. we are going to take a bunch of our old parts that we got laying around and sell it off. the guy im going with reserved 3 or 4 swap meet spots for us - time to clean out!! stuff will be going cheap at our spot. as far as a-body stuff goes i will have 4-speed duster stuff there clutch peddals etc. everything but the tranny i think that i will even pull the dog house outa the car and let go with it. dont know how much other a-body stuff we will have though maybe a couple of hoods and some fenders. lot of motor patrs 340 cranks etc. i am going to try to come up with a way that any of you guys that are will recognize our vending spot. would really like to meet some of you besides just chatting here every once and a while!! thanks for any info regarding the nats!

I'll try to find you. I'll be there in my '65 cuda.

I'll hollar in this thread the week before. It's a fun time and GREAT place for parts.

buds
Chuck
(Dead Guy)

think maybe ill rig up some kinda sign that says welcome for a bodies only members and post outside of our garage sale area so i can meet some of you guys!!

Hey Ron, do you have your buddys space numbers ?? If so, post them, and myself and alot of other fabo members will stop by. Love to talk to mopar people. My sons and myself will be there, set up on my buddys space. I always bring some stuff to sell on his space. Don't know the space numbers yet though, but we'll be there , and we'll try and stop by........... See ya there !!!! :-D :-D :-D

if you sell cheap, other venders will buy it up and sell it at there spot. I see it every time, knocks us out of a good deal.

Just make a sign with FABO on it, we'll find you guys. Toolmanmike

Hey Ron,
I hope to make it this year.
I'll be looking for your sign.
See ya there.

i will get ahold of my buddy this week and get those numbers for our spots and let you guys know where we will be. cant wait to for it to get here my son is getting excited to, with his name being RT why wouldnt he !!

ron its a good time. lots of old iron well preserved. a huge swap meet area. cars on the track all day long. I have always thought its kind of odd the track closes down at like 5 pm. most people go to brice rd for a nightly cruise in. the cops have been kind of anal the last couple yrs and alot of people are going to the cruise over in heath OH after the show closes. i plan on going to see both of them this yr and decide which is better myself.

get a hold of me if you need any directions or anything i am almost local i live in mansfield about 60 miles away.

hope to run into you.

ok - the guy im going with contacted the track and said that it was to late to get a reserved spot for the swap meet. but they said they still had places available and that we could get a couple we we arrive on friday?? if they have spots left why they wont let us reserve any ill never no but they assured us that there would be spots for us when we get there. i hope that they will have spots for us we are driving across two and a half states to get there. all i can say is look for a for a-bodies only sign and that will be us!! hope to see some of you guys and gals there!!!

Ill be there walking around with a mopar shirt on and most likely a red bud hat. Its also my first year going looking forward to meeting some people and seeing some sweet cars.

Wife and I will be at spots N6 & 7. Will have mostly early A Body stuff with some early B as well. Stof by and say hello.

This will be mine and my brother's 4th year down from Minnesota. Great time every year. Look for his 67 cuda coupe in Intense Blue metalic sportin a 340. Hope to have my 68 Dart down in 09 or 10. Heath, OH is the place to be on Friday and Sat night. Brice Rd on Thursday. See ya there!!!

Went in 2003 for the first time , and loved it every day! I am going this year with some of my friends, so we can get our MOPAR fix! Its 3 days of just mopars,i can't wait! 8)

I'll be there. Going with my brother, his son, and a friend of ours. This will be my 8th trip to the Nats, 1st time was in 1986. Haven't been to Heath yet, we're gonna have to check that out this year.

Went in...
86-88-91-93-94-2002-2006.
Drove my brothers 69 M-code 440 Cuda Notchback to the Nats in 86.
Drove my 69 340 GTS in 93 to Indy.
Had my 69 H-code 383 GTS in the car corral in 2002.

Looking forward to meeting all FABO members.

See ya there!

Is there any FABO t-shirts around? I plan to be there. I need to get the swap meet booth numbers we will be at and post those here. We are leaving NE Iowa on Wednesday and will be there for set-up on Thursday. I understand
thats when the best deals are found. Joe (who I'm going with) will see
his 71 Challenger completed for the first time. Triple black 440/auto/Dana.
It will be on display but I don't know the name of the vendor booth it will be at. I will post a photo of the completed shell if I can find it. I'm getting excited; I've never been to a National event. I can't wait to have a bad case of " Mopar Burnout" and a full hard drive on my digital camera!!!! LOL
CU THERE toolmanmike

This year will be my 5th year in a row.... my daughters 4th ( and she's 5 ). I'll keep an eye out for your sign so I can stop in and say hi.
Anyone staying at Columbus Gatehouse Inn on Hamilton rd.? I'll be there driving my '05 Silver Quad Cab Ram, fell free to say hi.
I've wanted to check out Heath too, Brice Rd. is getting a little stupid. The first year I went it was still cool, but it's been on a decline since.

I wouldn't miss it!

My "former" business, Auto Know, will have a huge display again this year in the midway. We will have thousands of ads, brochures, models, die cast, posters and well, darn near anything collectible for Mopars. We have been vending at the Nats for 20+ years now.

Our booth is 95% Mopar and 5% AMC, so you don't have to sort through all of that "other" stuff to find the neat Mopar goodies!

We also host the Mopar Nats Model Car Contest, which takes place Saturday.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Me and 3 of my buddies are going. I will probably have a T shirt that says Joe Teuton King Cuda on the front its a friend of mines Super Stock Hemi Barracuda.

Will be there Saturday. Look forward to it every year. Pissed my wife off a few times because I refused to miss it for something else she wanted to do.

My son, me and some friends will be there fri. sat. sun. . My Red ,blk 72 340 Duster will be there for sale.Not in car coral.

Me and a buddy will be there, dont know the spots yet though. Gonna take some parts, hes bringing a real nice late 70s ramcharger to try to sell. I just have some misc stuff, and the best looking set of early 340 manifolds I have ever seen. Hope to sell some stuff and meet some of you guys.

starting going in 89 only missed one or two since then. The wife and I will be there friday- satday staying in heath (super 8) will pulling a little red wagon.
Had the dart out tonight ran into a guy who's going for the first time.

It was a GREAT show!

Saw lots of people and had a blast all weekend. My wife even drove the Hornet since I was driving the T&C with a trailer full of our stuff.

Sales were great, the Model Contest had lots of entries and it seems like everyone was having a good time.

Great to see people forget about all the negetive stuff we constantly hear in the media and can get out there and enjoy the Mopars (and AMC's) that we all love!

It was nice to meet people interested in MCACN and we had some fantastic Mopars and several vendors sign up.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

-
Back