Mopar Nats Pics/Warning..A-body Carnage!!!

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, it's been a week now and nobody has posted any pics of their trip to the Nats, so I thought I would post a couple. Short and sweet...

First, the A-body carnage....
This 73-4 Duster was on a hot run when he ran into his own trans leak and started fishtailing. He clipped the right lane wall right in front of us and it sent him over to the other wall where most of the damage occured. That also spun him around and he clipped the tail too. I don't think he was very happy as he had his head in his hands, and more than likely drove there. To add insult to carnage, they flat bedded his car to the back gate for all to see when they left!!

Next, the B-body carnage...

This beast was in the show side of the field, and although I didn't see it run, I'll bet it runs like a scalded dog!!

Next, the van/truck of the show...

This baby currently has 9,108 original miles on it and was given to the original owner as a graduation present. It is a beautiful untouched example, and was being sold as we were looking at it!! 22K, and not a bad price for a completly original piece!! All of the vans present inspired me to get back on Nella's van project, which brings me to the find of the Nats, well for me anyway!!

Nella just loves the look of the 72-3 front grille of the van so while cruising through the swap on Sunday before leaving, I happened to see this hanging...calling me in!! $60.00 later it's mine and will serve as my inspiration to keep going until Nella's van is as nice as some of the examples found this year!!

Now for the car of the show, for me anyway, this sweet little Rambler. 392 Hemi, and the cleanest install and attention to detail at the show. Super sweet car, I would even trade the 66 for it!!

Now, if anybody has any pics to include, please feel free to add to the thread, and if anybody got a pic of me getting a ticket to the policemans ball in Heath friday night, kindly include that as well!! Hope everyone had a good time, and those who wern't there, make your plans for next year!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4227.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_4205.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 498
  • 100_4206.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 501
  • 100_4207.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 492
  • 100_4209.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 516
  • 100_4193.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 552
  • 100_4194.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_4237.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 514
Good score on the grille- my 5 year old just saw the pictures of the van...she said "Eeeew." I had to try and then explain the '70's, when I was about her age.

That Duster tagged both walls and was running in the lane I was staging in. I was right behind him and had to wait an hour or so while they hauled it away and cleaned the track. As bad as the cars looked, at least he was able to walk away...really unhappy, but walking.

that is sweet....

attachment.php

<when he ran into his own trans leak and started fishtailing>

I am surprised the track crew let him run with a big leak.

-
Back