Mopar Neighbor bout to put me at wits ends or jail

-
I'm not sure what it's like there, but here it becomes a "Rightaway".

If someone has to use that road to leave their property it becomes a public Rightaway and you can't obstruct it (though you can post speed limit signs and set guidelines in place for etiquette.

We were on the other side of the fence here, when the neighbor above us tried to cut off our driveway (our driveway hugged the edges of each neighbors property above us, requiring about 3' of each neighbor's ground for our driveway). It wasn't a new concept either, all 3 homes had been there since the late 1800's early 1900's.

One particular neighbor felt the need to block the driveway and even went as far as cementing 4x4" Box Iron Tubes down the middle of the driveway. I was a little kid when my dad climbed into into his 440 Cuda, slammed it into 1st gear and pinned the throttle to the floor, mowing through those posts that ran up the center of the driveway.

It was then, after my dad went to court, that we learned it was a public Rightaway, and if my dad "wanted to be a dick" he could claim up to 18 feet to use for a Rightaway.
Right Of Way

Here's my advice , first I am not in anyway a lawyer, nor an expert, just offering suggestions based on past experiences with easements.

Step 1: Post a speed limit sign(can be ordered online for cheap enough or purchase from county highway department) and place in the section of your easement that is owned by you.

Step 2: send each neighbor a certified letter advising of the speed limit and explain that if caught horseplaying and damage the road or your property, they will be held liable for any repairs (this way , he can't claim you were singling him out) keep the receipts from when they pick up their letters.

Step 3: record any future behaviors via you camera network

Step 4: if he continues, either contact a lawyer or send him a bill or both.

It's all about putting him on notice. That said be prepared for some retribution and threats. Lock your stuff(if you don't currently).
Sound advice, go through legal channels. Research your deed and all neighbors to ascertain that you are the grantor of said easement. If you do not understand the wording consult a Licensed Land Surveyor. You should also physically mark (monument) the legal easement by way of survey and have a exhibit (map) of the existing travel way (road/path) BEFORE above steps from dukeboy. A well prepared legal attempt to resolve a simple problem goes a long way with the courts and is good insurance against potential lawsuits.

I'd hold off on that . See my above post.

Well the damn ethanol fuel I had in the PW trashed the needle/seats in the Holley again (flood city). Did not have time to go into town and pick some up.

Got another idea though and waited for his departure! My quad copter drone got his attention in the windshield of his pretty RAM 4x4! He slowed right down and I paced him in reverse down the road. When he got to my driveway he looked over to get the standard hand gesture that I was watching him! Every time he went up and down the road thus far today he has been 10mph! I really hate to trash his piece of road cause it gets us nowhere. As a matter of fact he just drove back down the road to his house and 10mph with little dust while I sit in the garage and type this. We will see how long it lasts!

that quite a issue , moving the road further any would be costly . have a friend lives on a graveled dirt road near me , that a un ruley type blazing the trail . so we cut a ditch across the road like a speed dip . that was just for the rain bird sprinkles piping . and we hear him coming , wide open down the trail , just to get hosed down . catch must of the dust and wet his car down so his car always was covered in dust mud . lol . slowed him down , maybe it will keep you breathing free air , and you will still be able to vote , lol .

Bad thing I was so impressed with my plan that aparrently I forgot to hit the record button on the drone cam prior to flight! I got the on screen view but screwed up!!! Just pulled the micro SD card and nothing! Damn!

Put some toll booth arms that you have to pull up and stop and wait for it to go up

Put some toll booth arms that you have to pull up and stop and wait for it to go up

Really I have thought all these suggestions through, but some things that others have talked about including my attorney is access for emergency personel I.E. Fire/EMT to the other neighbors can not be restricted short of automated drive up gates. This is a big expense for me never mind how it it effects me personally to move my 5ver, car hauler and such in and out of my property! Hopefully but doudtfully this lone *** has got the picture!

Really I have thought all these suggestions through, but some things that others have talked about including my attorney is access for emergency personel I.E. Fire/EMT to the other neighbors can not be restricted short of automated drive up gates. This is a big expense for me never mind how it it effects me personally to move my 5ver, car hauler and such in and out of my property! Hopefully but doudtfully this lone *** has got the picture!
Hints my suggestions above.....

Tell that to my phone. I got tired of trying to correct its correction, after typing it out several times, and let it do its thing.
I think if the problem comes back, I`d cement some 2" pipe in the ground on each side of the road, (if it`s on ur property) and the weld a 2" pipe across the road to each cemented post, creating ur own speed bumps. Put as many as it takes. It will be urs and no one will have the right to remove them. Put a speed limit sign on the first one ..

Since you have video of his reckless/careless driving go to the police and tell them you want him cited.

[QUOTE="RustyRatRod, post:

Are you just stupid or are you just trying to argue for the fuckin hell of it? You ASKED for help. Goddamn man I am giving it to you. Don't be a dumbass. I know what I'm talkin about here.

This is stupid. I'm done. You ask for help and then turn around and **** all over everybody's ideas. Genius.[/QUOTE]

Somebody needs some anger management or valium, or both. Rusty's got to be an *** because he told you the right thing and we all know his way, and only his is right. We are just all stupid here. Rolls eyes

I think if the problem comes back, I`d cement some 2" pipe in the ground on each side of the road, (if it`s on ur property) and the weld a 2" pipe across the road to each cemented post, creating ur own speed bumps. Put as many as it takes. It will be urs and no one will have the right to remove them. Put a speed limit sign on the first one ..

That sounds like good way to do a speed bump on gravel! Yes my property line extends to the other side of the road. If I placed it near the far end of my property it would not interfere with me personally.

-
Back