Mopar Newb

-

55Redneck

Reaction score
Hello all. Just bought a solid 65 Cuda project last Saturday and will be bringing it home by the end of the month. Hope to have it put together by next summer. I'll probably be asking a bunch of questions as I'm putting this thing back together over the winter. I'm a lifelong GM guy and this is my first Mopar.

Regards
Red

This is great! Congrats on the buy - i read the other section and am excited to see that go back together. Thank you for saving such a great car!

:newb:

Hi Welcome to the site... keep us posted on the project !

-RPM

Thanks for the welcome gang.8) Deep down I'll always be a Chevy guy (Tri 5's and Chevelles) but I'm not close minded and like all things automotive that are cool. This 65 Cuda is cool and in my opinion, was more than worth the price I paid. The parts that came with are many as I just did an inventory on them this afternoon.:yawinkle: There's still more inside the car which I'll pick up in the next 2 or 3 weeks to add to my two page list I already have now. All I can say is that if this was a 65 Chevelle it would have gone for at the very least, double what I paid for it. This Cuda couldn't be more solid now it's time to get up to speed on a Mopar. :yawinkle:

"Hey there 55Redneck, welcome to FABO from another British Columbian. Glad to see you're starting to see the light :cheers:"

Thanks Mike. I've been a BC boy all my life and love it here. No plans to anywhere else anytime soon. Hell, I've never lived more than 250 miles from where I was born.

PS Mike Everytime I look at the light there's always a Bowtie at the end of it. LOL

Ha ha ha, well, that's OK. Welcome aboard and enjoy the MoPar car. It's not allways so easy to go from one company to another. We get alot of chevy guy and gals here and that's cool by me. There just cars and not worth flippin out over IMO.

I think that if you go to the resto section, you'll find a few early Cuda 's being done.

Thanks for the good words Rob. We have quite a few guys at Chevytalk that are also Mopar guys and no one gives them any grief over it. A guy with the username Moparman hasn't had a problem with a bunch of chevy guys so I guess we're pretty tolerant of other makes, much like you guys here seem to be and I appreciate that. Good sites are hard to find but I think I found one here. ')

Charger70. It's first incarnation is gonna be flatblack with a small block/727 and a bigger diff than the 7 1/4 that's in it. Front discs are a must have too. The interior will be mostly black, as in the vinyl parts but I'm gearing towards painting all the metal interior parts in resale red. The car may end up with some flames on it too, to match the red on the inside. Nothings written in stone yet so I'm still bouncing around ideas in my head. One thing that won't change though is this will be a low budget build. Hell, I'm still getting over the shock that my old lady let me buy it.:toothy10:

Welcome!! Always nice to see another early A pop up to be brought back to life. Get some pics up when you can! There are a ton of amazing people here that have helped me more than I could have ever hoped for!!!!

Sorry Charger70, she's a Chevy girl and she's already informed me that she won't be buying me any Mopar shirts like she used to do with all of our Chevy stuff. Oh well, she never used to get me the right size anyways.:toothy10:

Badawg. There'll be pics as soon as I get it home and into my humble 15x27 shop. I think I'm going to need to build another storage shed just for all the extra stuff that came with it. I need some working room. ;)

Congrats on the greenhouse!! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Howdy, Red, glad to have ya. I've only been involved with '73-up Dusters and Dart Sports, so I'm not sure how much help I can be with the early B-cuda. But it won't stop me from trying.

Jerry

Welcome, I like your comment if it was a '65 Chevelle it would have been twice the price, your right I've seen that lots, being a Barracuda fan I think alot of people over look the early Cudas (not the smart people here though), myself I love the fold down back seat and rear glass over it, very cool and classy cars I think!! Good luck with your project, we look forward to pics!!

As a mostly-reformed Pontiac freak, I can somewhat relate. It's a little mind-blowing just how much knowledge is accessible here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Yep, Knowledge abounds here. Many of us are diehard Mopar, but have an affair with at least one car of another brand.
Here is one of mine. I did this one for a relative of mine back in the late 90's.
I'm happy to say he still has it and drives the wheels off it. 40,000+ miles since the build. color is alot better, darker, in person.
http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/24419_1955_chevy_del_ray/index.html

1955_Chevrolet_Del_Ray_w_Marlo.jpg

Welcome aboard. I also have a few tri-5's around. Just a throw-back to my Chebby days. This 55 Sedan Delivery sits right behind the 66 Vart in my shop but it doesn't get nearly as much attention as my Mopar. :toothy10:

P5260007 (Medium).JPG

Thanks for the warm welcome gang. I knew there had to be a few closet Chevy guys here.8) Charger70, I love that 210, very cool.

Old Vart. The 55 Sedan Delivery has always been my dream car. Some day I'll get my hands on one and drop a BBC with a 5 or 6 speed in it. I had to sell my 55 2 door sedan a few years back so the Cuda is the first cool car I've had since then. Looking forward to putting it back together, with a few mods. ;)

Mine has a fresh 350 with a Borg-Warner Super T-10 and a set of 3.36 rear gears. I'll get back on it as soon as I finish my Vart - about 2020 the way I'm going. :) I also have a 150 2-dr post, and a 4 dr Belair.

Welcome aboard as my friend OldVart said.
Yep Oldvart I forgot all about that dandy 55 Sedan Delivery
I hope you enjoy this great site 55Redneck, and hang around and keep us updated on your 65 Cuda project.

Thanks again for the warm welcome gang. I'll be checking in daily right after I get through with my Chevytalk duties. ;)

-
Back