Mopar newbie with 65 V8 Barracuda

-

65Frankiem

Reaction score
Live in Southern California, born and raised in NJ/NY. Always been a car guy, mostly GM. but love them all. This Sunday I purchased a nice fairly rust free 65 V8 Barracuda Driver. It was born in LA and never went far from home. Have past reg slips to prove it. Please beware I will be full of dumb questions.
1st..I am missing a small emblem on front fender near head lights. Both sides are missing WTF goes there? Where might I find them? I have holes both sides. Not the penstars down below, I have those.
2nd..Replacement tail light lens?????
3rd..Dual mirrors? I have holes in passenger side door, but no mirror? Drivers was remote, nice chrome grommet in door panel, but nothing else, has a generic cheap plastic mirror now.

God Bless and nice to meet you all.
Frank

Attachments

• cuda 3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 232
The fender badge missing is probably the V8 one.

Contact member rick@laysons for the tail light lenses and gaskets

Not sure where to find a matching mirror.

Welcome to FABO! The emblems missing would either be the standard V8 emblems or if your car happens to be a Formula S car there were round emblems up front near the headlight which say Formula S. Usable tail light lenses can occasionally be found on E-bay or reproductions, as mentioned above, from Rick @ Laysons. The mirror should look like this one. (not suggesting this one - just an example) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopa...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item48413b6ba1
If you search I think there are reproductions of the passenger non-remote available too.

Again, Welcome and enjoy your car!

Welcom to fabo nice cuda,parts are always popping up on here but you gotta be fast they don't last long.

I may have a couple of badges for your car let me check. the passenger mirror is rare and hard to find without $$$. I have one but it looked funky so I took it off. had mine since the 80's and am almost done. Laysons are good but pricey, and there return policy sucks... Try Year One. Let me know what you come up with.

NJ Born and raised Bergen Cty first 20 years next 20 in Rockland and Orange Cty's. Now So-Cal for last 4

Hey, I found one v-8 badge that's in good shape but needs re-painted. If you want it let me know and we'll figure something out.

Welcome!
If your car has a four barrel and has a tach in the dash, etc. It is a Formula S. The fender tag will have a 312 code under the ABC. The emblem will look like my avatar. It may also be a Commando V8 emblem if it has the commando engine but no tach.
In short, it is either:
a) a V8 emblem
b) A Commando V8 emblem
or
c) a Formula S emblem
Very nice car! Enjoy!

If the holes are 3.5" apart then you need a "v8 Commando" emblem. If the holes are closer together then you need the "v8" emblem.

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Mem12BurnoutNear.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 82
-
Back