mopar orange box v procomp settup

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hi all, what is an ideal settup? im running a 440 ci in my 67 barracuda,street use only,4 speed manual, holley 750 <vac sec> purple cam,running converted dizzy <contactles>and mopar orange box/ballasts/accel coil. starts great,runs ok but doesnt feel like a 440<was a 318 until i swapped> car will cut out,no spark,then after much swearing etc fire back up! pal has given me a pro comp msd6al copy and matching coil,both new in box,worth giving them a go?:read2:

car will cut out,no spark,then after much swearing etc fire back up!

check all your connections., including the bulkhead. could be the ecu the could or even the pick up in the dist. the stuff your friend gave you is worth a try if it was cheap or free. what do ya have to lose?

hi, cheers for input, connections all good, gone over,re crimped etc.....this pro comp has a coil with it so somtime over the weekend going to remove orange box etc and replace with pro.:cheers:,long term want to fit msd and change hei dizzy anyway, 440 source doing billet ones $99 now that seems like a plan!!! always plenty to do on her,work superquiet here in uk,trying hardest just to keep it! oooh, here comes the postman with my 16" fan!=P~

Orange boxes are lo-po only good for 5500,they burn up easily when spun faster.Go with a chrome Mopar box

I burndt up two with my 340,never a problem with the chrome box

i have the procomp, so easy to install and wire up. just get an aftermarket coil. i have a blaster 2.

-
Back