Mopar Orange ECU

-

dartman59

Reaction score
I understand these are rated to 6,000 rpm. Is that a limiter, or just that it won't provide optimum performance above that engine speed? If it's not a limiter, is there a way to include a limiter?? Thanks all.

I used them in street stocks turning 7200rpm with out any problems ,same box for 5 years.

No RPM limiter on the Orange box, that's simply an advertised performance limit. The only oem style ecu with a built in adjustable rev limiter I'm aware of is the Rev-N-Nator sold through The R/T Garage.

http://www.thertgarage.com/products.html

That being said, the orange box would more or less be my last choice. Better performing ecu's are available. Cheapest bang for your buck (IMO) is Rick Ehrenbergs he sells on his EBay site for $34.99. Don at FBO has a nice oem style plug and play box that's supposed to be every bit as good as a true HEI setup, but I've not used his latest greatest box. I bought true HEI ignition from Trailbeast (Greg) here on FABO. His website is

www.classichei.com

Just some options to keep ya busy

I used them in street stocks turning 7200rpm with out any problems ,same box for 5 years.

I'd love to know what kinda voltage that's putting out at 7200rpms. Just would be curious. I've heard of them starting to drop after 4500. But everyone has different experiences with stuff

-
Back