Mopar Performance 13" Air Cleaner

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
Hello All,

Trying to find out what air filter elements you guys are using to replace the air filter elements in your Mopar Performance 13" air cleaner? I'm running a Edelbrock Air gap and currently have a 2" high element with my Mopar Performance air cleaner. Just got the drop base from Mancini and was trying to find a new element that would be about 2 1/2" high. Before, I was able to stop in my local NAPA and find an element from a catalogue by size. I stopped in again and everyone looked at me like I was speaking CHINESE! I'm actually still rubbing my head trying to figure out why they would make the Mopar Performance air cleaner in an uncommon size. Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

Wix 42044 & 2-5/8 height.
Low clearance hood issues on a ‘68 Cuda and Weiand Stealth.
Not much room over the carb top.

I have a 4 inch high element if you want. To close to the hood. I actually don’t know if it clears. It was really close and opted for less height.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Wix 42044 & 2-5/8 height.
Low clearance hood issues on a ‘68 Cuda and Weiand Stealth.
Not much room over the carb top.

I have a 4 inch high element if you want. To close to the hood. I actually don’t know if it clears. It was really close and opted for less height.

View attachment 1715162999 View attachment 1715163000
Thanks rumblefish 360, Unfortunately a 4" high element will not work. I'm looking for an element that is about 2.5" high that will fit the 13" Mopar Performance air cleaner top and the Mancini Racing drop bottom, it would have to be about 3/4"thick.

A Fram CA305 is about 2 11/16th or so.

I too wondered why they made it 13 inch instead of 14 inch. I opted to get rid of mine and bought a drop base K&N with the filter top even though I don't like the look as much as the Mopar Performance Air Cleaner.

-
Back