mopar performance electronic conversion

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
can i still purchase the mopar electronic ignition conversion kit for a slant six? all i see listed are v8's. thanks.

I think you should have no problem. Where did you look?

mancini, jegs, summit. i also did a google search and the links i pulled up only listed v8's. i dunno. maybe im missing something.

Did a Google search - Seems Mopar has discontinued it. One suggestion was to buy a SB kit, sell the distributor, then buy any slant 6 electronic distributor to use with the kit.

if the wiring harness is the same i can just buy the box and the wiring and the ballast seperatley. then just buy an electronic distributor.

It has been disco'd for a few years. You can just buy it all seperate thats what I did with my slant.

I had heard it was discontinued about 6 years ago, then I recently saw it available again, now I hear it's gone. My buddy just sold his new kit for $150... someone got a deal.

http://www.cjmotorparts.com/compone...facturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/

Here is the kit I got and you can upgrade to a different box if you want to.
It said he has 50 in stock. $140.00

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Grumpuscreature a great member here helped me find it .
The kit has every thing you need. everything new.

You are very welcome slantscamp, It feels good to help
when I can here.

Haha, maybe someone didn't get a good deal after all. I remember them being closer to $250 last time I saw them. The MP kits had the orange box though.

I have seen kits on ebay that look like new replacement parts (ex. distributor, ECU, ballast, etc.) and a wiring kit from Mopar Performance. If this is the case, you can put your own kit together. Here's a link to one of those kits ending soon but I am sure it will be relisted right away:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-...018QQitemZ280248853004QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Note: A voltage regulator will have to be with certain years/applications.

MoPar Collector's Guide made mention of a guy making new Slant Six electronic kits a couple months ago, you could always look in their archives or call them? Just a thought.

These days another popular option is to get a stock slant six electronic distributor and pair it with a HEI module. Cheap, effective, and outperforms the MP system when it comes to spark energy.

Advanced Auto parts - Dist $46.00
Dodge dealer -wiring harness $20.00
had orange box already

86.00 is a lot less than 150.00

Steve 71 Dart Swinger /6 2b dual exhust

-
Back