Mopar Performance Purple Mechanical Camshaft - P4120653AE Cam Card

-
Sorry to mention this but its kinds funny. Aj you mention a couple of hyd cams that you like. You do realize the company's box they were on we not the designer? No ,I've sold them cams and they had nothing to do with the love design. Oh yeah another thing that strikes me as odd. I'm not picking on ya. Only to try and help because we should all be learning. Right? A 223 or 4 at .050 don't need to rev to 6200rpm much less above that. Not saying it wont,just it's out of juice without a killer head and small cubic in build. Your numbers still I just have to leave to you.

I get what you are saying, and I do not disagree.

I'm not promoting any cam manufacturers, and
I don't recommend any particular cams.
I try to stick to only comparing sizes.
>I understand that as a particular cam power peaks thru the traps in any straight-line Time Trial, there is no reason to wind her up any higher.
>And I also understand that in the lower gears, you will pick up MORE average power if you run a short ways past the power-peak.
>Also; some cams will have a flat peak that could be several hundred rpm wide......so that has to be taken into consideration.
>Also; at an Scr range of ~10.8 to 11.2 with headgaskets, I have far more CCP than I need, and certainly more than my suspension knows what to do with, and so, I don't run my cams at +4 advance, which generally lowers the rpm of peak power. With the extra pressure, I have experimented with cam timing up to 4* retarded, which generally raises the rpm of the power-peak.

I am a streeter.
On the street, in the first two gears at least with a 4-gear manual trans, (which is what I have, plus the GVod) my car, like any accelerating car, has inertia that lets it run down the backside of the power-curve a lil further, and then, on the shift, the car might jump ahead a lil, as the in-coming power is higher than the outgoing . Until my engine begins to lose power on the trailing side, faster than it is rising on the climbing-side, I see no good reason to shift.
Also, with the tires spinning, it don't matter where I shift, and my 367 spins 295/50-15s to well past 80/85 mph, sooooo I say let 'er buck!
And finally; hearing my 367 singing thru dual full-length 3" pipes at 7000/7200 is sorta, IDK the word, sorta ethereal, or, an incongruence. My brain says "360s don't go there", but the tach is saying "oh yes they do!" 7200 is really really addictive.

FYI:
Here are the events of my 276/286/110 cam/61* overlap; in at +4, then +2, then zero .
276/116/103/286/ In at 106(+4), the Ica is 64*/ 184
276/114/105/286/ In at 108(+2),the Ica is 66*/ 180
276/112/107/286/ In at 110(+0), the Ica is 68*/ 177
intake/compression/power/exhaust/Lobe Center Angle/Ica/psi @10.95Scr@sealevel
The last install put it in at 108.
This cam gets lousy hi-way gas-mileage.....

-
Back