mopar performance valve cover grommet?

-

MADMarc

Just a d00d
Reaction score
I did a search and came up with several results, but nothing definitive. Summit and jegs sell grommets, mopar sells grommets, but then people say use one from a chevy and I have no idea which lol

Anywho, I've got the mopar black ribbed valve covers (a/m part) and need a grommet with a good enough lip to cover the hole and still let me slip a pcv valve in there. Any ideas or concoctions you guys have come up with? I've currently got two grommets trimmed to fit and if I look at it wrong the damn thing slips out.

I used the one from the autoparts store it's the help! brand little packet things. It says dorman 495-004 chrysler. The number on the top is 42064. Fit in the hole in the mp valve cover. Maybe your hole was made too big?

Thank you for the input. I will measure the diameter to make sure the mopar valve cover grommet will work, but when I went to the parts store I was checking out all of their grommets and one was CLOSE but not quite there...perhaps the hole was opened up by the PO for some reason.

Mopar sells a set of grommets.
A little high like $20 bucks but it has every rubber seal and even includes an oil cap for the MP valve covers.

Summit sells them.

Measure the diameter of the PCV stem, measure the hole and aluminum thickness and go by size.

-
Back