mopar purple cam p4452782

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
hey guys, any one ran the old mopar performance p4452782 factory muscle car reporduction camshaft and lifter pkg. 268-276-44degrees. valve lift .429"/.444" on a center line of 114degrees. says idle to 5000rpm... it's new in the box....
i have a 318 going to run a .30 over with zero deck pistions. run the factory 318 head until i get better one.. possible 302's? have headers , and a998 lock up off a toggle for hwy only out of a 78-80 rwd car. . and plan to eventually run 3.23-3.55 gears...want a strong street machine with ocasional stop light hot rod , will have p/s , p/b and a/c...should i advance the cam for more idle lope? any thoughts.... never delt with the factory purple 340 cam before.... any links to a sound bit on the idle quallity? i would really like to know how this cam idle sound would be any lump to it?
i may have been talked out of the hughes whiplash cam. (love the sound but need daily driveabile.) would a voodoo cam work better? i have used them in small block chevys wiith good results. also plan on a dual plane air game intake for the looks and perfomance... any takers out there? just becoming a mopar boy. came from ford land....

Hey there welcome! I don't have experience with the purple cam you mention but I will tell you that I'd run a Hughes or Voodoo before that cam unless you already have it then so be it.it would make decent power. However both Hughes and Lunati Voodoo are gonna give you more power with similar specs. I'd choose a Hughes profile like the heh1928 or maybe Voodoo 262 or 268. Both will make more power under the curve than the purple shaft. Just my opinion

-
Back