Mopar Street Stock?????

-

ZZZBrahmaBull

Reaction score
Just searching if anyone out there has or is racing a mopar street stock.All the advice I got from Lonestar Speed Zone is best race a metric chassis for dirt track.Had thought about making a 73 Dart I had into a street stock but got a cutless metric one.Seems thats what most everyone is racing.Still love my Mopars.

Anybody, and I mean anybody running circle track is gonna tell you three things:1) You're an idiot for running a Mopar 2) you're gonna spend a fortune (but they'll be glad to take your money, build it like a Chevy, and then tell they told you so..) 3) You'll never get it to work, build a "metric" car. Which, by the way is an early 80's Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Regal, or Cutlass.

How much circle track experience do you have?

Remember the GOLDEN RULE when building a Mopar: It's NOT a Chevrolet!!!

I see you already have a Olds Cutlass, well skin it with a Mirada, Cordoba, Imperial, Diplomat etc and drop in a small block. Remember, Mopars are torque makers, you don't hafta twist the puss out of it to hit its power band.

Get the Mopar Chassis Manual. Good info in there.

Mopar use to make a circle track leaf spring set. Don't know if they still do though.

Burnt's right. Those manuals would be worth finding. The basics haven't changed much. If you can find the line drawings/specs/blueprints for the Mopar circle track chassis from the seventies, and can find someone to build it, you can skin it with a Mopar body. Some racers on other boards still race them (with upgrades and improvements) and are quite competitive.

I have ran and won in a mopar street stock and doubled as a figure eight car and won...against all odd's and against the best racer's available the first time I did it, yea there were a few that said a few more lap's and they would have had me.....funny thing is it was a 20 lap race that the officials had stretched into 27 lap's and nobody had me...6 lap heat race was stretched into 11 laps and nobody had me. the race starts coming off the corner so roll into the throttle and unwind the wheel don't be pinchin off the car and coast into the corners and find a smooth rythym and practice that...the brake pedal is only there to get thru the pitts or avoid a wreck so keep yur foot off that thing.....If ya need more just ask...and no you don't need any special suspension stuff, if they allow for special stuff then think it out wisely.....the car I built and won in is still out there on stock components and competitive (need's a driver) I originally ran the car with a smog 440 but it got outlawed so we put a stock 360 with a cam and it was even faster the car was a 73 charger with big block torsion bars from an a/c equipped car.....stock rear springs that matched if you set them on the ground side by side

Dat will be a good name for my Metric since its purple plum color.I know I have heard both side and plus some on Mopar Street Stocks.From >if you do you out of your mind,nuts,crazy and an idiot to butcher a Mopar like that, to> it won't be competitive against the metric,cost for parts will kill you,won't handle worth a hoot in the turns, to> mopars were hard to beat at Longhorn Speedway in Austin in 70"s & 80"s.So yeah I can see and understand both sides.Mopars are for racing on the street to the track,looks hot on the streets downtown on weekends,win their share at drag racing but.....Metric are for all the beating & banging,swaping paint on Saturday Nights on the dirt tracks.Well I will keep my Aspen & Road Runner as hot rods.Have fun on dirt with the metric I got,no worry about dents or tearing it up,run it till its junk.
But really want a new 85 Monte Carlo Street Stock thats WOW just to look at and only race only very few times on the track. But mostly to go check the mail box down the road or when I get bored way out here,wake up the neighbors.Also be fun to take an old aspen,volare or duster make a street stock to run on the track for the love of racing.Don't matter if you win or not.So I am hearing the same advice & suggestions and replies at Lonestar Speed Zone and Mopar Chat on the thread of Mopar Street Stocks.From what I hear its been years since anyone seen a mopar bomber,pure stock or street stock on a dirt track.So I am determined to change that.Any setup and tech info sure will help a great deal.So would rules allow you to do aftermarket chassis,metric chassis but mopar skin and mopar motor?.Or is that too far in the gray,illegal?Will the tech man bust me?What the heck you got here boy???Now you know thats not allowed.Or build it and say nothing to anyone?

-
Back