Mopar sucks in pro-stock

-

Bulldozer

free ice cream sandwiches
Reaction score
chevy has taken over pro-stock. those dodge darts just cant compete. what the hell happened. never thought id see the day when it would be complete chevy domination in PS.

how embarrassing :banghead:

you know I listed to Roy Johnson talk on Friday afternoon, He was talking to a funny car driver...He said they have issues...new tires and new fuel...they are working through them...

They also have a new crew chief too.....

Allen did make it to the Semi Finals...

Look at Enders. Her new 2015 car can't even get off of the line. They brought back
her very well sorted car from last year and that one still works....and won.

you know I listed to Roy Johnson talk on Friday afternoon, He was talking to a funny car driver...He said they have issues...new tires and new fuel...they are working through them...

They also have a new crew chief too.....

Allen did make it to the Semi Finals...

what happened to jeggy this year ,is he done? I just watched allen and yabadabadoo get smoked in the semis.. allen Johnson hasn't won an event since Denver last year

Look at Enders. Her new 2015 car can't even get off of the line. They brought back
her very well sorted car from last year and that one still works....and won.

that chick can drive ill give her that, put her in a dart and she couldn't win a round. just disappointed with the mopar camp this year. I thought for sure those darts would come out swinging

Hasn't Mopar cut way back on their racing programs now? I mean.....they are OUT of NASCAR and all. I know it's nothing like it was in the 70s and 80s when they dominated.

Jeggy had a 3 yr deal with mopar...He decided to take the year off since his wife/GF is pregnant...Dont know if mopar deal was available again or not...

Rickie Stevens will drive another mopar at 10 or more events this year...with some sponsorship from Mopar...with engines and support from Roy and Allen Johnson..

What was funny was...this conversation was actually saturday morning...He said Vince did not get down the track yesterday and he was there 1st round oppenent in the K&N shoot out that afternoon...He said watch Vince go stay down the track and us rattle the tires since we made two good clean runs of friday...

and that is exactly what happen...pretty smart old guy...LOL

Those Chevys look more like a pro mod than a pro stock
Keep in mind that ALL of those cars are pretty much identical chassis wise and also with the effective shape
of the body. All you have to do to see who has the HP is to look at their trap speeds. The fuel might be affecting
them temporarily but the Hemis typically have as much horsepower as the rest of the top runners. The tires are
causing hook-up problems for a lot of them right now and in fact, if someone gets out on you it's pretty hard to
run them down.

You got to remember at the 4 wide race two weeks ago..Allen held the nhra record for a one round...LOL

and which was reset in the next 4 sum with Line...

So AJ's 6.465 is the 2nd fast time ever........It is all in the set up...Vegas had a hot track...

I have been watching these suckers since 1971....and there were many years that there was not even a mopar attempting to qualify....and then there were time went half the field were dodge...it comes and goes....

Best of all it is better then being a ford fan...

The big thing you have to remember about NHRA is if you run a hemi your car weighs more than a car with a wedge motor. Santos ran an alcohol dragster with a 500 cid small block chevy in it for years that was competitive with the hemis, imposible without the weight break.

The big thing you have to remember about NHRA is if you run a hemi your car weighs more than a car with a wedge motor. Santos ran an alcohol dragster with a 500 cid small block chevy in it for years that was competitive with the hemis, imposible without the weight break.

All the cars weight 2350 lbs with drivers....all use an approved nhra head and block submitted by the Manufacturer .....all have at max 500 cu inches...

Rich Santos ran 331 cu inch small block...at 4 lbs per cubic in...the hemi were running at 4.4 lbs per cu inch...most hemi were around 410 cu inches .......nhra adjusted the minimum weight of the alcohol dragsters forcing Santos to increase cubic inches up to 355...they became less and less competitive until NHRA did away with the weight breaks killing the small block,

and guess what my last name is........

That's an extra 164 lbs for the car with the 410 cu in Hemi to drag down the track.

That's an extra 164 lbs for the car with the 410 cu in Hemi to drag down the track.
yes....

all comes down to power to weight ratio....

same thing happened back in 1973 went a Vega full tube chassis showed up with a 331 chevy weight in a 6.5 lbs per cu inches...and the 73 mopar with 426 had to weight 7 lbs per cu inch in pro stock....since the Vega was faster ...everyone thought a 331 chevy made more HP then the 426 hemi....not possible

I'm a couple of weeks behind, dvr recorded some but not all races and I just haven't gotten around to watching all of them, but it feels like the last few years. Dodge wins some and goes out too early the rest of the time.

Enders can drive was mentioned, how much is it the driver anymore? Once they leave the line it seems as if it's the car and th setup. I'll still watch and I'll go to the Brainerd event, can't beat crazy horsepower in live action. I'm just bummed I can't get my autographs without missing the sportsman classes, the real racing to me. Guys on a budget and limited parts. Something I can relate to.

From AJ facebook...

In Pro Stock race day action in Las Vegas, things started off on a positive note for Allen Johnson and the Mopar team as they scored a hole-shot win in the opening round.

Johnson’s “Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar” Dodge Dart posted a .027 reaction time and an elapsed time run of 6.699/206.20 against Drew Skillman’s 0.68 reaction time and 679/206.99 pass.

The next round saw another win-light turned on for Johnson against No.1 qualifier Jason Line who had a red-light foul to advance the Mopar to the next round. However, after feeling like his ride was down on power for both of those runs, Johnson and his team made the decision to change the motor before a semifinals match-up against Vincent Nobile.

“We decided not to take a chance and change the engine but when we reached the staging lanes, we suddenly realized that we had an ignition box problem that couldn't be resolved in time and that could cause us some grief,” said Johnson who didn't get more than a few feet from the tree before the issue ended their day. “We’re going to head to Baton Rouge to test before we head to Houston because we’re not happy. We’re not where we need to be at all but we’re going to work our butts off to get there.”

With his semifinal appearance Johnson moves up a spot into ninth place in the Pro Stock standings.

Ignition box...........was the problem

I can't get my autographs without missing the sportsman classes, the real racing to me.
I follow this stuff very closely, streaming everything when ESPN3 provides it and monitoring race
results on nhra.com. Two weeks ago I was conversing with Mike Dunn and related my dissatisfaction
with the way the Sportsman class results were being reported on the website....as in basically not
because all they were listing were current round winners and next round pairs.

Well, thank you Mike! Today after round one of Super Stock and round two of Stock the website changed
to include all of the detail of the Pro classes including commentary. I had told him that everyone outside
of the Pro divisions were being treated like second class citizens....especially the fans and if they wonder
why people have taken to watching Street Outlaws they need to wonder no more. Must have worked.

Seems like this year in Pro Stock the car that can keep from rattling the tires has the big advantage.HP is pretty even among the top teams with some having a slight advantage.Getting the car down the track is a real trick.Look at Cris Mcgaha..he bought Mike Edwards operation that was top tear and has struggled with it.

Weight breaks continued to be a major element in Pro Stock competition for many
years until they were replaced by the 500-cid heads-up format that was established for
all brands in 1982.

His name eludes me but Dodge ain't won **** since they cut ties with their crew chief last season and attempted to talk to Allen Johnson two years ago at Ennis and he couldn't keep his eyes off my Ol'Lady which left me with the opinion he's a douchebag.

-
Back