MOPAR suggested reading?

-

NukeSec1

DUSTinguished
Reaction score
Ok folks. I'm new to the Mopar thing cuz my 14 year old picked a '73 Duster as our father/son project. And my extent of knowledge on Mopar is what I got from my buddies dad back in high school who had an Aspen R/T. He said....."Always keep one of these in the glove box." He was referring to that little ceramic block. A resistor, I think? So is there some reading material that you folks can suggest that will bring me up to speed? :read2:

father/son project, nothing wrong with that. the white thing was probably a ballast resistor, it drops the voltage down so you do not cook your ignition coil, they are known to break when they get wet, and if you do not know how to bypass it or carry a spare you will be walking... as far as reading, you are on the most informative A-body site around, just start reading and using the search feature. lot of really good, knowledgeable folks here....WELCOME TO FABO...

I would suggest picking up a factory service manual for your Duster. Lots of time-saving valuable information you'll need for your project is in this book, it'll be the best money spent if you're just starting out.

Larry Sheppard's "How to Hot Rod the Small Block Mopar" and of course this forum.

Any thing and every thing you can lay your hands on. Thats what I did when I was your age before the internet took off.

Mopars engine book is a good one as is there chassis manual.

I would suggest picking up a factory service manual for your Duster. Lots of time-saving valuable information you'll need for your project is in this book, it'll be the best money spent if you're just starting out.

x2 Service manual...available on ebay, kinda pricey but will prove to be worth it.

Hello and welcome...I read alot of mopar mags, and that's where I learned many things..Mopar muscle is my favorite, mopar action drives me crazy because you gotta skip around the magazine to continue the article...lol...

This forum is a wealth of real time info for A-Bodies, a factory service manual is indispensable, and the Dodge Dart & Plymouth Duster Musclecar Color History book by Steve Statham is good although a bit brief.

Thanks! I haven't had alot of time to poke around or search for threads on this site, but I am sure whatever I need to know is here.

Like quite a few posts abv said a parts manual and a service manual. I got a parts manual for my barracuda off of ebay and it was on cd, and way cheaper than the paper version. Also with my car there was an "interchange" manual that told me parts from different mopar cars work on my car....for example a 73 dart hood will work on my 69 barracuda. I dont know if there is an interchange manual for the duster or not, but lots of guys on here know what parts from different cars will work for yours. Welcome aboard!! Yer 14 year old has great taste in cars!!

Welcome! Always nice to have more Central Illinois guys around here. Also may I say with no bias that your son has excellent taste in cars :D Hope to see another 73 at some shows in a few years!

-
Back