Mopar Teens

-
im 24 and been into mopars all my life got it from my dad. I feel old now i thought i was pretty young till i started reading this thanks a lot guys. lol

ya im 16 and im a huge mopar fan. I bought my 68 dart a couple months back, bought it over the internet in california and had it shipped up here to canada. its a slant 6 car, but so far ive put in an 8 3/4 and moved the springs in. I just got a 1970 318, so that will be goin in soon. Its definitely goin to be the best car at high school!!

I love AMCs. I have a 1966 Rambler Classic. Its a project car though, in very good shape. I actually got my AMC before I got my mopar.

i'm 26.it is also hard to grasp being considered the old crowd heres my rides i presently have,

car pictures 013.jpg

car pictures 005 (Custom).jpg

car pictures 006 (Custom).jpg

car pictures 016.jpg

DSC00970 (Custom).JPG

car pictures 001 (Custom).jpg

i have a 71 Demon i have had it since i was 15, been on going project since then on a kids budget it's tough LOL

i'm 23 now.

My 16 year old son is not a member but here is his truck. He got it on his 15th birthday.

Chuck

100_0501.jpg

wuts goin on , im 16 also. i have a 67 valiant im building, orginaly a /6 car but now has a 318 4bbl in it, but on the stand is my 360 im building that will soon be in there

im 17, been into mopars since i was a kid basically. my grandpa used to own an original super stock 330, he raced that for years, he owned petes patriot for a while. then he moved on to pro mod, and owned a team and had bunny burkett drive it. i was around that car since i was 3 or 4, theres pics of me at budds creek cleaning wheelie bars, riding on the 4 wheeler pulling it to the lanes. all sorts of stuff.

now onto what im working on...
DSC00885.jpg

used to be my dads. its a 67 'cuda fastback. its backhalved, full cage, dana 60, 5.10 gears i think, 15x32's, and its a big block car. my grandpa owned it and drove it for a while, he had a KB 426 Hemi in it. then sold it. then my dad bought it from whoever sold it, and now its turning into mine. ive made quite a bit of progress on it and im just about ready for a motor.

btw, my grandpa, dad, and my name is John Sealock...idk if that will ring any bells. but thats me, and basically my story.

i have no problem carrying on that torch. i love it :D

Hey i'm Aaron, I'm 19 and just happen to fall in love with Mopars when i was in 8th grade. About to head into high school i was looking toward the future and wondering which car I would like to drive. Should I drive a truck... naw don't have much use for one.. Should I drive a rice burner, mustang, or camero like everyone else... heck no !! I finally came to the conclusion at 14 that I wante to find an older car and fix it up so that by the time I turn 16 i can drive it. Went around to local junk yards and stopped at one before returning home from hunting and the guy said he didn't think he really had anything, but low and behold the very first row we walk to had a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport. Though it was squished between two cars I saw the fastback style and thought it looked neat, so went home looked on the internet and saw what they truely looked like. I was amazed and had to have the car.... Long story short, for Christmas my 8th grade year my dad ('74 Sport) bought the car for me and we spent the follwing years restoring. I drove it through high school and now to college ! but it doesn't end there, I recently acquired a 1974 Gold Duster slant six convered to 360 this past summer and I'm currently restoring that to drive through the rest of college and beyond. Now you heard my story, here are some pics of what I own !

This is the Dart Sport though not restored correctly but to my taste ! It's dodge viper yellow with super six and custom interior.
2i827c.jpg

5tv11f.jpg

and here is some pics of the "74 gold duster project
29cxmvo.jpg

x2mdrq.jpg

im 16 and I got my 1969 Charger for $200 2 years ago.
yes, complete car, no not any killer rust, yes original numbers matching.
and I'm the 2nd owner :-]
this is a pic from the day I got her.
2h6639z.jpg

Have fun with your car, it has real muscle not a bunch of mice running o a wheel. I am in process of putting a 572 hemi in my 68 valiant.. BRING ON THE TUNNERS !!! lol

lol, that challenger next to you dart wagon wouldnt happen to be for sale would it? :-D

72 challenger and a 77 or 78 power wagon next to it, just imagine the stuff u DONT see, but those are my dads mopars and nope not for sale, he has had plenty of offeres.....not to mention the 70 challenger and 69 gtx convert 440 4 speed dana 60 :D

only problem about the 72 is it has no dash = no vin :(

i'll have to watch where i go swinging that 'tourch' as you can tell the wagon got a lil hot

This is my 1974 Duster. Bought when I turned 18 and was my first car. Numbers match 318 which we rebuilt. Car is currently in the body shop. The 1992 Sundance Duster is my everyday driver.

young gun pic 4.jpg

2h6639z.jpg

how in the world did you.........but $200?????.....:angry7: how come that canot ever happen to me, let me know if you find anymore of those 200 dolar chargers.:-D

i had to pay 300 dollars just on the two back tires for my duster....I wish i was born lucky instead of good looking:toothy10:

hey i just turned 17 and my first car is a '72 dart....ive always been into mopars.....my dad has owned a bunch but as of now all we have is my dart and his '66 valiant signet convertible.

HPIM0053.JPG

HPIM0056.JPG

HPIM1589.JPG

2h6639z.jpg

Wow! nice score. You couldn't buy complete '69 Chargers 25 years ago for $200.

I hope you don't make a general lee copy, that horse is long dead. Make the look of the car fit you not someone elses look.

Chuck

2h6639z.jpg

HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE????? 2 years ago was when everthing was out of control. Especially the 69 Charger. Can you tell us more? How did you aquire this car? Was it family owned? Any history?

That is the best deal ive ever heard of! Even if the car was in 100 pieces! Good job!

Hello, my name is Mark and I am a teen. Fortynineteen to be exact. I am impressed how many of you have managed to get cars at such a young age. When I was there I was into beer,butts and beeatches, oh ya and motorcycles. Then you get married and all that good stuff and you have to wait untill later in life to get your dream. Good on you guys, keep the passion.:thumblef::thumblef:

Hello, my name is Mark and I am a teen. Fortynineteen to be exact. I am impressed how many of you have managed to get cars at such a young age. When I was there I was into beer,butts and beeatches, oh ya and motorcycles. Then you get married and all that good stuff and you have to wait untill later in life to get your dream. Good on you guys, keep the passion.:thumblef::thumblef:

well...i havent exactly gotten my own car, but, it will be mine one day.

i have a good feeling it will be my graduation present...seeing that it should be finished by then.

i love my pops

HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE????? 2 years ago was when everthing was out of control. Especially the 69 Charger. Can you tell us more? How did you aquire this car? Was it family owned? Any history?

That is the best deal ive ever heard of! Even if the car was in 100 pieces! Good job!

Well, I had a REALLY long post with TONS of details but I wasnt logged in when I wrote it....dont know how that happened.
But this is the condensed version so I'll just hit the main points and its probably better this way because the last post was like a freakin book.

anyways I found the car one day when I went to go skateboard in a pool at an abandoned house, couple days later i decided to go talk to the neighbors about it but found a man out in the front yard doing house repairs so I asked him if he owned the house and he said he did.
then i told him that i had seen the charger from the street and was wondering if I could go take a look at it.

(The best part is that there was no possible way you could see the car from the street! haha)

so as im looking the car over and trying to keep my jaw from dragging on the ground he walks back and we started to talk about it and he tells me that he bought it brand new in North Carolina in 1969 and then drove it to Louisiana and then in the 80's drove it here to Houston and then parked it in '98 after a hole got punched in the gas tank by a piece of pipe sticking up in the ground from an old swing set
I asked him how it happened and he said he was backing it up and didnt see the old pipe and it just pushed in the tank until it finally popped a hole in it.
So after discussing the car more I ask him if he's willing to sell the car
and he said "yeah sure,I wanted to work on it with my boys but they're in college already and I'm about to move outta this house so make me an offer"

So at this point im kind of afraid to offer him the $400 I planned to for fear of him laughing in my face so I just came out and said
"how does $400 bucks sound?"
he then looked at the car, kinda studied it and said
"yeah,sure that sounds good"

so we exchange numbers and that week I get my garage cleaned out and ready for the charger and then I called him and we picked a time the next day for me to go and pick up the charger.

so the next day me and my dad go to his house and find Len(guy's name was lenord) pushing the car from its previous spot to get it ready for the flat bed so we get out and help him and talk with him some while we wait for the flat bed driver to get there and then I told Len
"well I guess its about time I paid you"
so I started to count out the money
$50,$150,$200 and just about as I was going to hand him the next $100 bill he stopped me and said,
"That's enough young man, you keep the rest and put it into the car"
:tongue9:
I was dumbfounded I said "alright, well thank you" and shook his hand
and then he said while we shook hands
"but, you gotta do me a favor and show me the car when its running again"
and I said "oh definitely!"

after that the flat bed driver got there and we loaded up the charger on the bed and brought it to my house he charged me $75 dollars for a 40 minute trip from Len's house to mine, the driver was such a good guy I just gave him $100

couple days later I opened up the glove box and found the original owners manual,the build sheet,a mopar flasher signal still in the box,some replacement bulbs for the tail lights

anyways thats how I became the SECOND OWNER! to a Complete
1969 Dodge Charger 318/3speed manual/with under the dash A/C
:-D

If you guys want pic's I've got TONS from the day I bought it home I just need to get them off of my other computer.

-
Back