[SOLD] Mopar Upper Control Arms Big Ball Joint 73 74 75 76 Duster Dart Demon Valiant

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
74   0   1
Contact seller
What i have here are a pair of upper control arms that are used on the 1973-76 Mopar A Body cars such as Dart, Valiant, Duster, Demon. These control arms are required to be used on 1972 and earlier A body cars when doing a disc brake conversion to the larger 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern B or E body disc brakes or the 73-76 A body disc brakes.

I cleaned them up of all the grease and grime in the solvent tank, and then soaked them off in a solution of a product called Evaporust, to remove the surface rust from these control arms. You paint them the color, and texture paint of your choice. I will leave that up to you. They do have some minor pitting to the surface of the metal, around the bushing areas, but nothing severe, that you might be used to seeing, if you live in the rust belt states, here in America. I don't know if this car originated from here in California, or not. Once they are painted up, and installed, you probably will never know.

The control arm bushings were pretty much worn out and shot, so i removed them as a courtesy to my buyer. The ball joints are good and tight. They are pretty much new replacements. I feel they do not have to be replaced, but i will leave that up to you upon your inspection, and determination. If you do decide to use them, you will have to optain new grease boots for the ball joints. I usually get them from Energy Suspension, or in the HELP line of auto parts, at your local auto parts store.

A pretty nice pair of UCA's. This set i found last week while making my wrecking yard rounds. This pair are now the last ones that i have in stock. These 35+ year old cars are not showing up in my area anymore, and these UCA's in this condition are getting hard to find

I can also install new bushings, if you want me to, for the cost of the parts, plus, a bit for the labor time.

If your interested in these parts, and are a serious buyer, send me a PM message through this forum, and we can go from there.

$155.00 for the parts, + FEDEX'ing to your zip code, + 3% Pay Pal.

Not interested in any "trades" or "offers" other than the stated price in the ad.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.

Attachments

• UCA's 73-76 A Body 001 (Copy).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 511
  • UCA's 73-76 A Body 002 (Copy).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 559
  • UCA's 73-76 A Body 005 (Copy).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 515
I now have a pair of Disc Brake Spindles for sale in this forum, to be used with these upper control arms, if your iterested.
JV.

The disc brake spindles that i also pulled off this donor car, have SOLD.

I now only have these UCA's for sale.
Jim V.

I am interested in the UCA's , but I have reservations about the ball joints being left in when you went to the trouble of taking out the bushings? Have you ever had the ball joints out of these arms? Do you know the threads are o.k.? Any more information would help. -Thanks Dan

I am interested in the UCA's , but I have reservations about the ball joints being left in when you went to the trouble of taking out the bushings? Have you ever had the ball joints out of these arms? Do you know the threads are o.k.? Any more information would help. -Thanks Dan

I remove the old worn out, shot, no good bushings, from the UCA's, as a courtesy to the buyer for my parts, so they don't have to do that, when they get them.
I have the factory Miller Special Tool bushing tool to do that job, and if they are really stubborn, i have a 12 ton hydraulic press to get them out.
I'm a pretty anal in having cleaned up, good used parts to sell, that's why i do it.
Now, as far as ball joint threads go, how the heck do i know what they look like.
The ball joint themselves are in good condition, per my inspection, and why would i take them out, if they are in good enough condition to be reused again, as is condition?
If you buy them, and want to change the ball joints, that's up to you when you get them.
Who sells used control arms with the ball joints removed from them anyway?
Very few vendors, sellers, perform that labor when selling used UCA's.
I might have done that labor, if i determined the ball joints were in terrible condition, but if i keep performing labor, i am going to charge more for UCA's, in selling them, to be compensated for my time.
JV.

I now also have a second pair of UCA's up for sale, for your consideration.

This pair is real nice.
Just before this car got smashed, someone recently rebuilt the front suspension on it.
The ball joints, and bushings in this pair are new.
You don't have to spend any more money at the parts store for bushings or ball joints.
All that you need to do is paint them up, the color of your choosing, and install them.
I cleaned them up, soaked them out in a pail of Evaporust to bring them back to the bare metal condition that you see in the pictures.
$200.00 for this pair.

Attachments

• UCA's 73-76 A Body 001 (Small).JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 234
  • UCA's 73-76 A Body 002 (Small).JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 249
  • UCA's 73-76 A Body 003 (Small).JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 271
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back