Mopar Vs Gm Vs Ford

-
Please don't blame the union worker, did he design the part, did he set the budget for that part and did he set the time allowed to put it on when it came down the line?? Guess not! I've owned Fords...some good and one real dog. What a real pos to work on! I drive a pontiac and it does run well but the intake didn't seal to the heads (3.4) there is a new rack and pinion, power steering pump and speed sensor. It has most of the relays replaced...now how could the guy on the assembly line screw up any of that..someone cut the cost to the bone and this is what you get. My nieces Toyota is much better built. But Mopars from the 60's - 80's are much better built then most of the stuff today...With the same union worker!

It was simple for me. I have been a tech all my life as I wanted to know all I could about cars so I could build my own engines. After I realized most people just dont know any better and follow the crowd. And that was why there was so many Chevy lovers out there. I did my own research and realized the Mopars are the fastest when built the same as others. And when I saw a 63 Ply street legal 426 Maxie run 12.60's @ 112 bone stock with just 7" tires from 1963 and 4.56 gears I knew it was the baddest muscle car of all. I figured wow what if you add headers and do some fine tuning like jetting and maybe a better convertor............. well it didnt take much at all to put a stock Maxie in the 11's. Ron

After owning many makes and models, not to mention tons of parts on the wall, I just did a little research. It pointed to the one I intialy thought least likely, but didn't mind. Mopar.

I'm not to crazy about a lot of body styles, or some of the way they do things, but like mentioned wayyy up top, all 3 have an issue and proud point somewhere. It is what it is and thats the way it is.

One of the deal sealers was a buddy of mine. MoPar maddness took over his eyes. A certified wacko behind the wheel. (Or not) Ethier in his 67 Cuda or 69 Road runner, the car was kick butt all over town. Pound for pound, he was handing out fits to the other guys. All I ever heard them say is Mopar sucks without reason. Guess I found out why after a few dozen pasteings.

That settled that. Got myself a Duster and away I went. Now I'm on my 3rd Duster 22 years later. Still have my '73 Cuda and reaquired a '79 MAgnum. (Glutten for punishment...probably so, but at least I'm having fun.)

I have had good working Chevys and Fords, Oldsmobiles and etc.... But for just simple burn out lite'em up drag down kick butt fest, my heart has 5 chambers. They make a Penta star shape real nicely.

-
Back