Moparbishi

-

Pentastarnut

67' Barracuda
Reaction score
Ever since I read Project Conquistador in Mopar Performance 1999 mag I wanted to do one of these swaps. I've played around with these cars for a while now and got tired of wasting head gaskets with too much boost or cracking heads, etc.
A Chrysler Conquest is just a Mitsubishi Starion so it's no Mopar, and some people bash the imports, but these are really cool little cars. Especially when Mopar powered. So far I have the 69' 318/904 in with the exhaust finished. True duals with a dual in/out flowmaster, built in X pipe. Trans controlled by a B&M hammer shifter. Mechanical Autometer gauges and a red top transferred to the rear. It already has 3.90 gears. Lot's more to do to finish it but here's the start.

DSC00411_zpse9dcb586.jpg

whatcha think ?
cleardot.gif

yer link is broken, but if it looks like a Starion, I think those were the baddest imports on the road. Looked like they were muscular with the IMSA flared fenders and big tires. Looking forward to seeing it.

yer link is broken, but if it looks like a Starion, I think those were the baddest imports on the road. Looked like they were muscular with the IMSA flared fenders and big tires. Looking forward to seeing it.

I cant wait to see this either. This small taste looks goooddd
DSC09928.jpg

don't know what happened to the link :banghead: but here's a few more
DSC00357_zpsd67ae4be.jpg

DSC00361_zpscc0c34f7.jpg

i really want a different hood, maybe a snorkel like the Demon :D
i need about an inch of clearance for an air cleaner :violent1:

i like the way the hood looks, but its a bow tie knock off :finga:
i rather something MOPAR related :glasses7: here's the same hood on a wide body
12-19-105.jpg

this was supposed to be the V8 swap car but i sold it to buy the Demon

Are you gonna make this one a wide body?

A six pack hood might look good on there or a dual snorkel if you want a mopar scoop but the cowl hood flows with the car

Are you gonna make this one a wide body?

A six pack hood might look good on there or a dual snorkel if you want a mopar scoop but the cowl hood flows with the car

I have to agree the cowl hood does fit the body lines of the Conquest

don't know what happened to the link :banghead: but here's a few more
DSC00357_zpsd67ae4be.jpg

DSC00361_zpscc0c34f7.jpg

i really want a different hood, maybe a snorkel like the Demon :D
i need about an inch of clearance for an air cleaner :violent1:
Have you seen my Demon scoop for sale? It's in the classifieds :)

No pic showed up of your fatty car.

I'd go with the sixpac scoop or a Mustang SVO hood. Sorry to suggest the mustang hood, but it'd flow with the car. Mopar scoops are kinda square.

any engine bay pics of the blue one? that's the one you are v8 swapping now, right?

I thought this was going to be a thread about putting a 3.0 Twin Turbo v-6 in an a-body, but I like this too lol.

Dude that is awesome ... and crazy ! i was just talking with a buddy from work about building a conquest tsi with a SRT 6.1/6.4 6/spd drivetrain ! Will be watching this one !!!

Dude that is awesome ... and crazy ! i was just talking with a buddy from work about building a conquest tsi with a SRT 6.1/6.4 6/spd drivetrain ! Will be watching this one !!!

A 392 a body would be bad a$$!!

It's been a while but life, and my son's Dart, got in the way :D. This motor sounds GREAT ! it was a craigslist buy and you don't quite know what your getting sometimes :violent1: but so far so good. so anyway, a few things to address. i have a leak by the front trans fitting, and the carter fuel pump won't consistently work. I have an electric pump with a regulator going in one night this week. once i get it out on the road i'll take more pics, but this car is going to be amazing :blob:. I'm going to use a dual snorkel

plans are to drive it for a bit then do a top end rebuild using 302 casting heads, rebuild the 904, then paint. does it ever end ? :-({|=
:D pics to follow

Need to swap out that mitsu badge on the bumper with one of these,

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 2,026
-
Back