mopars are still out in the weeds!

-

DARTBOY340

Reaction score
i just bought a 72 340 demon 4spd. found sitting behind barn that you could only see for a second going one way.and it apears that there was a barn totally blocking it from the road at some point. i've lived in the same small town for 10 years and it was about 5miles from my house! and i swear i've been on every gravel road within a 50mile radius. very rusty of course, but guy had tons of parts in his grain bins and other barns. goes to show you that they are still out there. starting to collect parts. dissassembly has already started. :thumbup:

09-30-07_1449.jpg

Looks like you've found a good rural treasure. I walk by a Demon every time I go for a walk in my neighborhood. It was just moved to the owners back yard, and sits under a fir tree, (the worst possible place). Somebody need to rescue this car. I would, but I've already rescued one too many. Howard

Great find Tell us more tell us more.:thumbup:

Is that rice they are harvesting in the back ground or is it beans.:scratch:

her are some more sad pics of my new project. today i put a coil on it and wired up a points dist. and she fired up! tomarrow i'm going to put on a T.Q. and see if she moves under her own power. mice have had their way with the wiring. the color is more of a maroon-ish color, orginaly A4 silver car. and if i remember right, that was corn in the field.

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

I know they are out there!! The problem I'm having is getting these crazy farmers to part with them! I know of at least two farms and two houses here in town that have old mopars sitting in the grove, jsut rotting away. When I ask about them I always get the same answer "Weelll, I might want to restore it someday" or the one that kills me the most is "I'm hangn on to it for when it is worth more, then I'll sell it" and the car in question has been in the grove for so long, trees are starting to grow through the floor boards.

I drove by this car hundreds of times and just wish I had the money to get it plus a place to store it until I could work on it. It hurt every time I drove by it knowing it was just sitting there. I never was that close to it but from the road it didn't look like it had any body damage or any major rust that you could see on the body for a car that sat there for at least 3 years.

Duster-Nocona.jpg

her are some more sad pics of my new project. today i put a coil on it and wired up a points dist. and she fired up! tomarrow i'm going to put on a T.Q. and see if she moves under her own power. mice have had their way with the wiring. the color is more of a maroon-ish color, orginaly A4 silver car. and if i remember right, that was corn in the field.

Nice find! I love reading/hearing about these...makes me think of a couple I wish I'd pursued myself. :thumbup:

is that the build sheet i see on the seat?
very nice fine!
thier out there, you just have to look in every
possible place. :downtown:

I bought a 72 demon in august that had been sitting in an old man's garage since new. It is a one owner 71k mile /6 demon, green with a black top and green plaid interior. Clean car a couple dents and quarter size rust behind the rear wheels. Perfect interior and under side. The guy died and I bought it at his estate auction. They are still out there, but hard to find. The one that makes me sick is in Ottumwa Iowa. There is an old guy here that drives a 69 satillite convertible every day. I've watched this car get worse and worse over the last three years. This year he bumped the front right corner into something and just keeps driving it. No plans to fix it that I know of. Very sad.

I drove by this car hundreds of times and just wish I had the money to get it plus a place to store it until I could work on it. It hurt every time I drove by it knowing it was just sitting there. I never was that close to it but from the road it didn't look like it had any body damage or any major rust that you could see on the body for a car that sat there for at least 3 years.

I love The A-Bodies but in this case I have to say to hell with the mopar, give me the stuff behind it, I just made a mess in the keyboard!!!!

Few Weeks Ago An Old Man Walks Into My Neighbors Repair Shop, And Said That He Heard That He Liked Old Dodges. The Man Continues To Tell Him That He Has An Old Dodge In His Garage. That He Parked In 1978 Because Of Timing Chain. My Neighbor Dimisses The Old Guy Thinking That It Is A Big C Body Or Truck. A Few Days Later While Going To Work At His Shop He Sees A Car Covered In The Parking Lot. He Asks The Young Kid That Helps Around The Shop Who's Car Is Under The Cover The Kid Tells Him That Th Old Guy Came Back By And Sold Him The Car For Scap Price 200 Dollars. My Neighbor Goes Out And Pulls The Front Of The Cover Back To Reveal A 1970 Charger 500. All Original Down To Hoses And Belts, Biasply, Tires Original Spare, 383 Column Shift, No Rust Or Dents. For 200 Dollars And The Price Of A Tow Truck. My Neighbor Will Be Kicking Himself For A While For Not Looking Into That One. Its Been 3 Weeks And He Still Rants About Not Looking At That Car.

this challenger 1970 R/T 383 pistol grip car I found bout 2 months ago it was hidden behind bout of dozen newer cars till those were all towed away exept the challenger yep there still out there

I gave $2000 for it. i only paid that beause of the amount of other parts that came with it.(2 truck loads) the car body is almost junk. but can be fixed. At the resto. shop i work at, i've done rustier cars than this.

IMG_1177.jpg

Bought this a few miles from my house a couple months back and posted pictures on FABO back in august! 340 Auto.

Picture 051.jpg

-
Back