mopars are still out in the weeds!

-
Look at the ones I found. Oh wait, they are mine...

DSCF0102.jpg

hey gts340...i love those turn downs on the duster...but maybe you should have went with green...kidding...nice to have a place to keep them together

Actually the Duster is long gone. I still have the other three there and what you can't se is the 64 Dart and 73 Dart that are stuffed in there also. The barn isn't perfect by any means, but it keeps them fairly dry. The roof leaks and dirt blows in from the fields, but it's free.

Ya, there's a guy near here that has a '65 Cuda sitting outside of his house. Last insured in '94 if the license plate is correct. It's in fairly good shape with a 273, but he won't sell it.

Heck, my car is probably worth more than his house, the little ramshackle place he calls home. I'm sure that he could use the money, but it just sits out in the tall grass rusting away................

I'll have to try talking to his wife. Let's hope she has all of her teeth:D.

Did someone say, "Cars in fields?" How about a '69 Barracuda fastback in the briars? Took a while to hack my way back in there to just see what it was.

Cuda01.JPG

Jerry

sorry i haven't posted in a while, this thread will not die trust me, i just bought a house with very limited garage space and my '69 swinger is in it right now, i have been very busy and haven't had the heat needed to be working on my demon. quick update though.... my 408 stoker is complete and ready for install now have all sheet metal, just need to hook up my 220v in my garage, so i have an air compressor and welder, then things should go pretty smoothly. no new pics to post as of yet. but when this cold weather goes away i should be posting on a regular basis again. i hate winter.

found these 2 1970 roadrunners,, next to the roadunners is a mini metal looks like a airplane hangers but i talked to some neighbors and they said the guy that owns it has about 12 other cars in there i want to take a peek so bad

Here is my latest find....A '72 Demon 340 4 speed roller with a 3.23 8 3/4 under it. It has all the Demon sheet metal and tail lights but no interior and drivetrain. The only crappy thing is there is no fender tag:(

Demons.jpg

Demon.jpg

yeah roosduster,it took me 18 years for the guy to finally sell me the orange 340 Duster. Just like they all say...."I might fix it up some day" and "well I'm goanna wait to see if my son wants to fix it up" meanwhile it sits outside behind an empty barn for almost 2 decades in tall grass and is totally rotted out. The only good thing is that he owned it since 1973 and it is complete and numbers matching.It was well worth the wait.

yeah roosduster,it took me 18 years for the guy to finally sell me the orange 340 Duster. Just like they all say...."I might fix it up some day" and "well I'm goanna wait to see if my son wants to fix it up" meanwhile it sits outside behind an empty barn for almost 2 decades in tall grass and is totally rotted out. The only good thing is that he owned it since 1973 and it is complete and numbers matching.It was well worth the wait.

Well I am glad you finally got him to sell it to you and it sounds well worth the wait. I hope you fix it up quicker then the 18 years he let it sit there while we was thinking about doing it. I know of a Duster in a field and it isn't a 340 Duster or anything but I just wish I had the money to get it out of the field so it wouldn't just sit there.

its' that time of year. back to work on the demon!!! here are some pics of progress over the last couple of days. as you can see after blasting she got a coat of epoxy primer. i removed the trunk floor and the driver quarter panel. frame looks good and that's about it, started work on the door striker area. now i'll blast inside where the quarter panel wes and start rebuilding.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

i just got this 71 demon for parts. it's a cali. car that came the this part of the country eaarly in life and is pretty rusty. but there are a ton of good parts. saved it from sitting in the weeds, slant 6 car runs and drives really nice.

IMG_0132.jpg

Here is a 70 340 duster that is at a junk yard that i went to a few weeks back.Its been there since the later 70's.I will post some other mopars from the same yard in the next few days as i resize ther picturs.
Matt Hargis

100_2221 resized.jpg

I drove by this car hundreds of times and just wish I had the money to get it plus a place to store it until I could work on it. It hurt every time I drove by it knowing it was just sitting there. I never was that close to it but from the road it didn't look like it had any body damage or any major rust that you could see on the body for a car that sat there for at least 3 years.

any more pics of this yard ?? koooool man

Not an A-Body but, I see this 72 Roadrunner daily. I've been trying to buy this car for years. It's your classic "Cars in yards" scenerio. Owner says he's gonna fix it up some day.

i would find a way to get that road runner if i lived in that town and had to look at it all the time,,,tell him if the grass keeps growing up to the floor it willl rot the floor and fall apart,, tell him sell it now, before you have to sweep it up in a dust pan,,,,

-
Back