mopars are still out in the weeds!

-
Here are a few more picturs.A sassy grass green 340 duster,a hemi orange 340 4 speed 1970 cuda,a 1970 challenger,1970 dodge charger,and a 1972 dodge charger with factory sunroof,and a red duster twister.
Matt Hargis

100_2223-1-2.jpg

100_2238.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2248.jpg

-2.jpg

100_2226.jpg

heres a 71 demon i picked up about a month ago... 318, sizzler package. its all there and it runs. 8)

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

I have bought a couple Like that. I have tried to buy more than I have gotten though.

You can also take a look at these, But you have to be strong...its sad, and makes you mad!
mapleleafmopars.homestead.com
http://www.carsinbarns.com/

I got a rust free 1974 dart that was sitting in a driveway with flat tires. Just left a note on the door.
73dart.jpg

I found and bought this cuda the same way

1969cuda001.jpg

and I had to bug my fiance's cousin for about 1 and a half years to get this demon. I still have it, but its just sitting in my driveway now. At least its off the grass now ;)

Duster002.jpg

But I have also been told to bugger off. I know where a 1973 challenger is, two 1973 dusters, a 72 challenger, 1970 duster 340 4spd, 1965 barracuda that are just sitting. I tried to buy the barracuda with no reply, and I have talke to the guy with the 340 duster. Nice guy, but doesn't want to sell it. one of the he'll get to it one day kind of guys. at least its in the carport. and the 1973 challenger the guy wanted $20,000 had a rotten frame and needed everything. just a 318 car, I was really suprised when he said he wanted that much, and I ended the conversation fast. I kinda regret how I did because I was the one bothering him if he wanted to sell it. Oh well, a learning experience.

which reminds me, I still need to nock on a couple more doors. Maybe I'll document it and make a forum out of it :)

If you don't ask...you don't know!

Phil

has anyone ever seen a factory pink demon???? i ripped the rubber floor mat out of my gold demon and the inside of the firewall and under the front seats are pink but the rear 1/2 and everywhere else is gold. the fender tag and broadcast sheet say gold. it's like the factory started to paint it pink then realized they weren't supposed to??? any thoughts?? :-k

and no it's not primer

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

ide say,,,you may be right..started to paint it pink,,,and then oooops,,,,, you may have a one of one car,, there,,lol

DAM WOW WHERE DO YOU GUYS LIVE???? IM IN NORTH JERSEY NOT A LOT OF BARNS AROUND HERE. I WISH I COULD COME ACROSS FINDS LIKE SOME OF U GUYS WHEN I DRIVE TO PA ONCE IN A BLUE MOON I WILL SEE A CAR IN A FEILD OR SOMETHING. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE AND KEEP SAVING THESE MOPARS ALSO ANYONE LOOKING TO UNLOAD A DEMON OR DART SPORT CHEAP IM LOOKING FOR 1 THANKS AGAIN:cheers:

Was not uncommon in the day to put the front clip from one car onto a rear from another.. seen many rescued this way..

Grant

They will let a car rot when they know they can't fix it. My cousin has a 68 GTO conv. that he bought new after Nam. He will never fix it but don't want to sell it.

i aint got any pics but i got a 69 dodge d-100 pickup from a kid (well his dad) i knew at school. i saw it every morning on the mornin bus so one day i asked about it and he said if anyone can get it running they can have it, so i went over there and brought a battery,coil,and distributer, threw the batt in it and it turned over but wouldnt fire,so after school i went and looked at it with my dad and the guy came out and said just get it out of here,you can have it,just say its your grad gift ( i was graduating with his son that year) so we towed it home. changed fuel lines and it fired up. starter repairing all the rust till i found out all 4 cab mounts were gone,so i gave up on it.

also got a rolled over dart sport for free. was pretty well stripped before i got it but it as a 318 3 speed 8 1/4 car. got the motor in the garage and i forget where we put the trans lol. but the rear end is goin in my good dart sport as we speak.

i was originaly gonna rebuild the rolled over car,so i was on the hunt for a rotted out A with a good roof (rolled over car was solid). my dad found a add in the paper of someone scraping a bunch of cars and he had a duster. went and looked at it and it was a baby blue 73 or so 3 speed duster twister with a posi. cut the roof of and saved the hood,trunk lid,dash,door panels,and pedals. well i never got around to fixin the rolled over car, was goin to this spring until

i found a solid 74 dart sport at a used car lot with 44xxx miles on it with mint interior. 318 auto with bench seat. bought it for $2080.

got pics off the As on my cardomain page in my sig.

yesterday i cut out the driver floor pan and installed a new one. i like to use the good old trick of fitting the pans and then spray the bottom to see where the frame rails are and then drill out the pan and put it back in and then weld it. i hope today i can to the other side if my offspring behave. :sign10:

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Pulled this one out from behind a barn a couple ago,was last inspected in '84.
71 Twister /6 3-speed disc-brakes,8 3/4 3.23 sure-grip i have no idea why a /6 would need an 8 3/4 rear!

Few years back I picked up a 71 Valiant 4 door slant 6, 904, HD cooling system, disc brakes and 8 & 3/4 with 3.23s in it. Why equipped that way? Because the old man I got it from did some towing and wanted a heavy duty rear end, discs and cooling for towing and the slant for economy when he wasn't towing.

I've been to that junk yard before. Most of the cars are badly rusted but I did get the last two 8 3/4 A body rear ends. The only time you really want to go to that yard is in the winter. Snakes and wasps everywhere. TP

A few different mopars in the weeds and some others that i got some more pictures of this weekend.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

I have posted pictures of most of these cars before , but it was not raining today. So here are a few more.
Matt

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Those Dusters/Demon are just killing me...:angry7:

-
Back