Mopars at Garlits

-

RPAGAN

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Mopars show at the Don Garlits museum this weekend?

Already been go Sunday Was sunny and hot today. Bigger than last year. Not enough A bodies but still worth going.

Brian

I thought there was a good showing of A-Bodies today. Suspect there will be less tomorrow.

I would like to thank the class 1 group that voted for us today! It was fun to get a trophy with Big Daddy signed in front of you! I got to talk to a bunch of folks today and it was great conversation!

Over twenty a bodies, including a hang ten dart, $800 Demon project car, $100 X & J heads, a $75 AAR fiberglass 73 Satellite hood, only three 73 road runners, a couple of wagons, clone super birds, clone AAR cudas, a $1500 413/426 wedge with crossram induction setup, the hellcat X giveaway car, lots of less popular cars like imperials, Chrysler 300's, a few Cordobas, over twenty professional vendors, maybe forty private vendors selling parts, & of course a fraction of a thousand hemi's in Don Garlit's museum.

The weather started off real foggy at 69 degrees and climbed up to 90 with our famous 'thicker than mud' humidity.

Man It was HOT!!! Couldn't wait to get to Sonny's for a large sweet tea!

I was in the swap meet section. What a waste of time, and work. No buyers. Just a bunch of lookers. Had to just about give stuff away.

I was in the swap meet section. What a waste of time, and work. No buyers. Just a bunch of lookers. Had to just about give stuff away.

I bought stuff, somebody had a Holley carb I wanted real bad, another had long tail shaft overdrive transmissions for $250 each. Money is tight for us po folks!

OBTW, herb from the restoration parts gave me Two bungee cords and another guy out of a van two long nylon cords as my buddy bought an AAR fiber glass hood for $75 and we drove back 150 miles with it strapped in , but sticking out of the trunk.

ILOVE THE MOPAR COMMUNITY!!!!! Bunch of givers, best group of strangers ever!

I was in the swap meet section also with a trailer full of a-body parts. I almost emptied the trailer on sat. morning in about 3 hours. I also had a nice holley carb and some no2 setups that I didnt sell on sat. but didn't see the point on traveling back 80 miles sunday for the few parts I had left. I met many good people and had a great time as usual at the show. Look forward to next year!!!

I'll be coming down, form Pa., to the Ocala area, on Monday 11/16. - Are there any more events at Garlit's Museum, between then and the 1st. of April ?

Was a good show, my bud won 2nd with his /6 72' Twister

There were some nice A-bodies there.

The Hang 10 from my club had nonstop attention! Think he got shorted. They had him in class 4 on saturday! Not sure why they classed some of the cars the way they did! We were put In class 1 and may likely should have been class 2. Go figure! Anyhow the conversation was great and the people behind thier cars are what really matters!

Got to talk we a very nice owner of 69 notch that was re-done by her sister with cancer on Saturday. That was a great story!

they deff. upset some people with how they classed some cars, they put me in the pro street class :finga:

Post up a current picture. Is the car in your sig what you brought? Under hood as well!

They told me to pop my hood and instantly said class 1. Aftermarket intake and carb!

The Tangerine Hemi Duster was told to park in prostreet yet the killer Black Hemi Dart was allowed to park in A-Body row? Made no sense to me.

I didn't make it there till 2:30 on Sunday, was surprised at the number of nice A Bodies there

View attachment image.jpg

Have sent Tony Fields the pictures I took so he can post them all in one post.

This picture should be of some of the a bodies

The Tangerine Hemi Duster was told to park in prostreet yet the killer Black Hemi Dart was allowed to park in A-Body row? Made no sense to me.

exactly, they said " look at those big tires, he's pro street "
i was parked next to him, cool dood-NICE HEMI DUSTER

this pic is from the TN show, but it's the same car that was in Ocala
tCPPqxq.jpg

-
Back