Mopars at the Strip

-

dart64gt

Reaction score
Hi Everbody

How many of you are planing on going to the Las Vegas Mopars At The Strip

I have been there since it started and have had a great time I also sell at the Swap Meet and plan on going this year even as my buget said I should not go but am going anyway I won't miss it for anything.

It is just to much FUN.

Earl:happy10:

I'll be there.

Not sure what pile o'junk will be in tow. Likely the Duster, but, always a good time.

I will be there with a couple of other Mopar guys

I want to go if I can get my heap finished an if I can get off work. I'll probably trailor it out there and cruise it around since it will be a very fresh resto. I would hate to break down on the I-15 to Vegas. If all goes well I'll drive it back to LA. Looks like a lot of fun.

Joyce & I are planning on being there. Of course, this is one of those balanced get-aways. We go to the show/races/swaps on Sat/Sun but Saturday night we go to Cirque de Soleil's Love show featuring all Beatles music. Not too shabby of a compromise, eh? :thumrigh:

MATS is a fun show, I had a great time at the previous shows. Highly recommended.

But due to financial troubles I wont be attending this year.

I forgot to mention that I have never been to this show. I wanted to wait a few years until it got on its feet. In 1989, I remember flying down to Vegas for the 1st Annual Pacific Nationals Mopar show ... in August!!! Let me tell you, it was horrible. I seem to remember that they had it on the grounds where the new Speedway was being built or about to be built and it was literally 114-118 degrees out there. Spectators who came out, found themselves hiding under the tents of a handfull of vendors that were there. The only vendors that really made out were the folks from Canadian Clear(?) water. On the first day, I bought $48 of ice cold water from them and on the second day, it was pretty much the same. We weren't prepared for this. We were getting bussed out from the host hotel and it was useless bringing cold water out there (wo/a cooler) because it would just heat up real quick.

I remember our sneakers just melting while we were out there. Each step was like walking through marsh land except for leaving pieces of my shoes behind. I felt bad for some of the car owners as well because I overheard several of them saying that they were experiencing damage to their dash pads warping and also damage to their tires. I recall lots of people leaving the first day when they temperatures started climbing.

It was a one time show only after that and was commonly referred to as the "Pathetic Nationals" instead of "Pacific Nationals." Does anyone else remember this show?

Any idea if they allow overnight RV parking at the track? I'd really like to get up there for this.

Found the answer to my own question.

Q) Is there RV parking overnight for the weekend?

A) Yes, it?s only $75.00, weekend RV Parking in advance, $85.00 at the gate.

(This doe not include an event admission, admission is a separate cost) RV parking does not include any hook ups, your unit must to be self contained.

Found the answer to my own question.

Q) Is there RV parking overnight for the weekend?

A) Yes, it?s only $75.00, weekend RV Parking in advance, $85.00 at the gate.

(This doe not include an event admission, admission is a separate cost) RV parking does not include any hook ups, your unit must to be self contained.

If you are bringing a car to run, the parking is included unless they changed the program. If you are just coming in a motorhome/trailer, then the $75 would apply.

My son and I will be there -- his '73 SSP will be on the show field in the Gen-X section. I may even spruce up the B-cuda a little and drop it in the fun field.

DSCF1764.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

^_^ I'm (now) going.

My dad and I with a time-only pass for my Duster.

Just an FYI for all;

I found the Circus Circus has the best deal for the weekend and is not sold out. Book soon if interested to get early bird 10% off.

-
Back