Mopar's Better Idea?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
This factory white 1965 Formula S of ours has gold trim (console, dash, carpet, headliner, upper door accents) but black seats and black lower door panels. Factory color combo or did a previous owner "re-arrange the furniture"?

goldandblack.JPG

Doesn’t look right. And black trim being the most popular color and easiest to access, my guess black was not the original color.

I have seen triple gold white 65's: seats, carpet, dash. Cliff's is IIRC. Even has a gold stripe. OOops, Cliff you got a silver and black? Who's was SYSOP?

Black and gold complement each other very well, I've always thought. Here's my favorite black and gold scheme and car. Hell to da yeah.

70 SS.JPG

My 1964 Dodge Polara 500 had black interior with the seats having a gold piping as trim around the seat and back inserts. The piping was not a solid gold but was a white and gold kind of braiding. Maybe they continued this black and gold option in 1965?

oops. I looked at the photo again and saw what was being talked about. I remember seeing some cars with seats one color and the carpeting another color back in the day.

-
Back