Mopars In January.........Pics For 'Ya

-
Let me see, you have all the good weather, all the good cars and a great way to spend a week. I think I'm moving. Great pics "C"!

Thanks

Jack

Who ever own this car spends some money taking it from auction to auction. It was at both Texas auctions last year (Houston and Dallas Mecum). Pretty sure it was at St Louis Mecum also but not 100% sure.

I'm sure it's the same car....It was beautiful and sounded really healthy =P~ :)

I saw that purple cuda going down the highway in Tulsa, OK. I'm drooling over those 70 road runners

Here's the engine bay of the Plum Crazy RR.....It's a little blurry :eek:ops:

View attachment P1070687 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070688 (Small).JPG

Beautiful cars thanks for sharing.

Glad you like 'em Ray........ME too :grin: Here's a couple more & sorry if some are duplicates. I took so many pics!!

View attachment P1070689 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070690 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070692 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070794 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070793 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070792 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070817 (Small).JPG

View attachment P1070815 (Small).JPG

I'd like to say thanks to C for the being so nice to me and Jim at the auction. It was a blast. Jim and I really enjoyed the cars, some really great cars of all makes.

I do appreciate Jim allowing me to stay at his place when in town! Thanks

:cheers:

CB......You're more than welcome and it was truly MY pleasure!! I wish I had more time to spend with you guys. It was great to meet Jim too :thumblef:

I must be crazy :rolleyes: LOL, but I passed up driving the SuperBird across the block for this one instead :D

Attachments

• P1070888 (Small).JPG
    75 KB · Views: 136
You lucky devil!

No, just in the right place @ the right time :angel1: LOL ;)

Let me see, you have all the good weather, all the good cars and a great way to spend a week. I think I'm moving. Great pics "C"!

Thanks

Jack

Thanks again Jack.......It's a great time of year to be in AZ !! :)

Damn 6pkC ......I can see a smile a mile wide!

You betcha....lots of people were asking because I couldn't quit smiling :grin: It was soooo much fun, but alot of work too. I'm sure I walked 10 miles every day around there.

Here's a couple more Mopars that are worth sharing IMO

Attachments

• P1070729 (Small).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 132
  • P1070730 (Small).JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 134
  • P1070706 (Small).JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 134
  • P1070705 (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 131
  • P1070731 (Small).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 126
  • P1070732 (Small).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 139
I dunno, C, I think I might have been tempted to flip the ignition on and fire that Hemi up! Would've given that guy towing it a heart attack.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. See you at MATS in a month?

I know what you're saying OC, but I didn't want to get fired LOL. It was an honor to just be IN the car knowing who owned it and the history behind it!! Herb gave me a really nice card that he signed. I need to get a picture of that for Keith's thread on famous Mopar autographs.

Thanks for the comments and Yep, see you again in March @ the MATS :cheers:

Hi C. Do you happen to have anymore pics of the Lime Green with yellow bumble bee stripe 70 Challenger R/T on the 1st page of this thread. My brother-in-law is restoring for a customer, the exact same car and original color combo. BTW, that combo, lime green w/yellow rump stripe? 7 were ordered that way. The owner of the car is dead set on the black longitudinal stripe rather than the original yellow rump stripe. We are trying to convince him to put the yellow rump stripe back on due to it's rarity.

Hi C. Do you happen to have anymore pics of the Lime Green with yellow bumble bee stripe 70 Challenger R/T on the 1st page of this thread. My brother-in-law is restoring for a customer, the exact same car and original color combo. BTW, that combo, lime green w/yellow rump stripe? 7 were ordered that way. The owner of the car is dead set on the black longitudinal stripe rather than the original yellow rump stripe. We are trying to convince him to put the yellow rump stripe back on due to it's rarity.

Those posted are the only ones I took. I tried to copy/paste add'l pics from the website, but they won't work. I can understand the owner's frustration with the color combo. It's definately different.......

See if this page comes thru for you. Lemme know & good to hear from 'ya :cheers:

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector-car/1970-Dodge-Challenger-R-T/34132

Lookin' as beautiful as ever, C! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Some nice iron there.

Don't worry about the little embarrassment with the Edsel. I had to work on a '31 Chevy coupe one time. Bone stock. I knew the key didn't crank the car and it had a starter button. But it took me about fifteen minutes to find it and that was by accident. I happened to be looking around the dash and glanced down at the pedals when I had to stop and count 'em. 1...2...3...4... 4? Yup! There it is! By the clutch! :D

Lookin' as beautiful as ever, C! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Some nice iron there.

Don't worry about the little embarrassment with the Edsel. I had to work on a '31 Chevy coupe one time. Bone stock. I knew the key didn't crank the car and it had a starter button. But it took me about fifteen minutes to find it and that was by accident. I happened to be looking around the dash and glanced down at the pedals when I had to stop and count 'em. 1...2...3...4... 4? Yup! There it is! By the clutch! :D

WOW........Thank you ramenth. Good to hear from you & glad you like the pics. Yes, nice iron is right 8) I was definately in my element for over a week :D

I can totally relate to your story of looking around on some of these old cars. This 1920 Buick was my 1st job on Sunday morning. What a doozy to start & drive.......:rolleyes: The gas & starter pedal were really close to each other. Good thing I had narrow shoes on........Not exactly MY kinda car, but I managed ROFL

View attachment P1070890 (Small).JPG

thanks again for sharing all these pics of beautiful cars. Looks like you had a great auction. May see you again around 1st of March, Joe

-
Back