Mopars Invade MoKan!

-
apples and oranges....TRUE.. but its still cool to me to see both: a slant that outruns a bone STOCK what? $60-70,000 "stocker"... and cool to see a factory stocker that turns out what 700 hp????? both cool to me, BUT since I can't afford the $$ that went into either, I enjoy the show!!!!!

was a very enjoyable mopar day. I meet a couple of FABO members as I was having to leave early for neighbors funeral. sorry I didn't have time to visit.

what if they were both bone stock? what if the things done to the old slant 6, were done to the hellcat? comparing apples to monkeys !

I think he was talking in general of the over all day not just the slant / hemi race.

what if they were both bone stock? what if the things done to the old slant 6, were done to the hellcat? comparing apples to monkeys !

Well, there's no way to compare these two contendahs in an apples-to-apples format; one weighs 2,200 pounds; the other car, twice that; and engine size is 225 cubic inches vs. 370, then there's the fact that the smaller engine is naturally-aspirated, vs. the big motor is, not only huge amounts bigger, but has a supercharger on it.... just no way to get any kind of parity between the two, so different are their specifications, soooooo..... they did what match racers have been doing since time immemorial; they "run what you brung!"

It was an interesting race; I tried to be there with my car, but it was just not to be...

I am looking forward to a race against the beautiful, little green Lancer with the thoroughly amazing, killer, slant six. My car is turbocharged; his is not. But before anyone cries "foul," consider this: His car is FIVE-HUNDRED POUNDS LIGHTER than mine, and runs on alcohol, not gasoline. Plus, his car has a great. 5-speed Lenco transmission with a clutch for some formidable launches, while mine uses its original, 3-speed automatic 904 Torqueflite with a conventional torque converter.

At this stage, my car has yet to make even one, single, pass down a drag strip, but only this Arkansas weather is keeping it at home, now. Just as soon as it quits raining, I'll have it at a drag strip, somewhere, snd it will be subject to some near-criminal abuse from my heavy, right foot...:twisted:

There is a Mopar race at Centerville, Arkansas the first weekend in June that might offer us a venue to try this. I'll keep you posted.:blob:

Attachments

• 100_3613.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 119
-
Back