Mopars with "Big Daddy" Don Garlits

-
I see that the Florida Mopar Association is scheduling their show November 13th through the 15th. This is not going to be a good scenario for either show as I know people were grumbling about a divided show last year on that Sunday upon hearing about that.

Wish that they could resolve the differences as it only hurts both shows in my opinion.

How many people from out of the area do you think will go to both shows? Some will go to one, and some to the other. Very few to both. How about vendors? They will think twice about going to either show. They will think with the shows split, and foot traffic down, it wouldn't be worth the trip. My personal opinion is, this is the beginning of the end for both shows.

I didn't know it was still split. Thought they were just going back to Gartlits. Things just keep getting harder in Life.
Geez....

I think the only win/win scenario might be high attendance at one show on sat and the other on Sun.

That might make camping or staying over night a decent deal.

I'm only 2 hrs give or take away but making that drive twice in one weekend still sucks.

I think the only win/win scenario might be high attendance at one show on sat and the other on Sun.

That might make camping or staying over night a decent deal.

I'm only 2 hrs give or take away but making that drive twice in one weekend still sucks.
They are not on the same weekend. One week apart. Then you also have Moultrie, Ga, and Daytona Turkey Run (granted not Mopar only) the same month.

I believe the Lakeland Carlisle (formerly Zepherhills) show is also around that time.

I don't know why they split, but I'm old enough to know that when something like this happens, ego's and money are involved. Not the best interest of the hobby or the fan's. And then the blame game and finger pointing starts.

This should be the largest, baddest *** show in the country. Everybody and their granny is coming to Florida this time of the year, anyway. Change the date to February or something. Let BD have November. Attendance at Ocala last year was terrible.

See you in Carlisle.

Venders were down at the horse park show last year. We were disappointed and left after one day instead of staying for Sunday. Might skip them both this year.

Venders were down at the horse park show last year. We were disappointed and left after one day instead of staying for Sunday. Might skip them both this year.
Yep. Same observations. Venders and show cars.

I am afraid that this will be the death sentence for the joint effort of a Mopar show for the world as we know as a Garlits / FMA event. Participants will not come out to support an event when the attendance drops to the point that it is nothing more than a glorified cruise in.

As a vendor at the show, we have to select which events will offer us the opportunity to at least pay for our expenses for the weekend. When the cost no longer supports the venture, it does not make sense for us to attend the event. Splitting the show, no matter if one is preferred heavily over the other, the net effect is that there will be significant decline in attendance.

With our location, I can travel to a show a similar distance away say in Ohio, Indiana or slightly more into PA and double or triple our sales dollars. If you should look at the vendors attending the show, last year; many of them were driving seven or more hours one way to make the event. I know that I cannot justify the show knowing that the attendance could be possibly down 40 to 60%.

For this event to continue and even maintain the present status quo, then egos need to be put aside. It has a good date and still has the potential. So I guess we will have to wait and see. But in the mean time, I am afraid that the outcome will only make this basically a local event rather than a regional event which it use to could claim.

-
Back