Mopars with painted tops

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Question for everyone, I have had a long running debate over Mopars with painted tops. Was this an option in the 70s or not? According to GGovier there were no 71 Super bees with painted tops but, mine was hemi orange with a black painted top, bought by the original owner like that. reason I am asking is I am still wondering what to do with my EL5 dart. I am starting to think vinyl tops are trouble waiting to happen (this car was a white top car) so either body color or two tone painted. It is painted white now and looks good but just done to protect. Pics of the Bee and the Dart below, opinions (not on my 1980 hair:-?) are needed.

Attachments

• 329379i_20.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 199
  • cars2_0001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 195
Look for sales code "V02" ( Two-Tone Paint ) and a different-from-body-colour roof colour code ( e.g. , EV2 body , with EW1 roof ).

I have a friend that has a 71 duster that is a V02 two tone car.
F7 green bottom with F3 green painted roof. Shows on the fender tag just like that. Not for sure if it was avalible on your superbee or not , but i can not see why it would be available on one model the same year and not another. Does the fender tag show anything for it?
Matt

I have a friend of mine that has a 69 super bee that has a black painted roof it was a option in 69 I don't know if they had them in the 70's though

Hauk67 asked a similar question in a post a couple weeks back. There are a few cars on this with the V02 option

Mr G&d Govier is incorrect. My brother owns a 71 Superbee EL5 Butterscotch with a V02 black painted top.

Grant

-
Back