Moral dilemma

-

ptbill

Reaction score
I have a moral question, oh wait this is the wrong forum, well I try anyway. I got my 1965 Barracuda in 2013 and been working on it since then. It came with the 273 180hp but someone but and original intake and carter afb on it back in the day and the chrome correct air cleaner. My question is do I leave as is or change the air cleaner to match the valve covers? After 5 years I just realized that it's not what it appears to be
IMG_20180625_135038.jpg

Want to keep the 273 just like I had in 1965
In that case, yes, find some commando covers (I've seen 2 pair for what I thought were a decent price in the parts for sale section recently)

They are close to the best looking factory valve covers ever made
(And the ones on there now should fetch close to 100 when you sell them)

I would put original valve covers on it. 273 Commandos were the best looking motor hands down.
It was never a Commando engine. Its the 180 hp that someone dressed up with the carter afb and air cleaner

Im not a small block guy,until now owning an early A. When I get my modded magnum swap going in a month or so Ill comment on ratio of HP/weight/4spd/8.75 suregrip/$
combo versus bigblock auto in my 67 Bcuda. Ill let you know which one I think was worth it more to do..........

Dave

Like some of the others said, your engine would look much better with the Commando valve covers. It looks great now (love the block color!) and covers will just set it off.

I’m actually in the opposite boat as you. I have a commando motor in a non commando car, so I’m taking that out and putting in a 340 dressed as a 273 2 bbl Motor. The commando motor is going into my commando convertible Signet!

Dress it up how YOU like it best!

I have a moral question, oh wait this is the wrong forum, well I try anyway. I got my 1965 Barracuda in 2013 and been working on it since then. It came with the 273 180hp but someone but and original intake and carter afb on it back in the day and the chrome correct air cleaner. My question is do I leave as is or change the air cleaner to match the valve covers? After 5 years I just realized that it's not what it appears to beView attachment 1715191505
I would get the Commando valve covers for it. Always liked them.

I don't like the valve covers you have now... they just don't "fit"

Keep the air cleaner and put a stroked 400 under it. Chevy guys don’t know where the distributor belongs on mopars

I’m actually in the opposite boat as you. I have a commando motor in a non commando car, so I’m taking that out and putting in a 340 dressed as a 273 2 bbl Motor. The commando motor is going into my commando convertible Signet!

Dress it up how YOU like it best!
What year is your Commando Convertible Signet? I have a 66.

-
Back