More 67 Barracuda window rebuild

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
So, I got the frame loose and the window mechanism out. I used Gorilla Tape to help hold the window. With the use of a “pick,” removing the cat whiskers was not hard - and that’s when I discovered the old shop hands mangled the outer whisker to the point it needs replacing. Did not plan on that. More tape over painted surfaces.

Getting the window frame out of the door shell with the window is a Royal PITA. I think this whole unit was designed by a team of MENSA candidates. The frame fits tight, and the tape makes it tighter - ground the tape pretty good.

Once out, I discovered the shop hands had not lubricated anything, totally screwed up and smashed the front slide material and tried using Scotch Tape as a patch rather than replace the window setting tape.

More next post

Last edited:
I got everything changed out, getting ready to install tomorrow. Will have to put off the final touches till I can replace the mangled cat whisker. Photos are kind of jumbled in.

IMG_6928.jpeg

IMG_6925.jpeg

IMG_6911.jpeg

IMG_6910.jpeg

IMG_6909.jpeg

IMG_6896.jpeg

IMG_6923.jpeg

Got it back in the door, but I can’t make any more progress without resolving the cat whisker issue.

Lacking the extra hands, I used Gorilla Tape and painting tape to hold the window up at this time.

Once I get the whiskers, I’ll be able to put the window raiser mechanism in and start aligning it.
IMG_6940.jpeg

And while I was working, my idiot neighbor decided to shoot a box of shotgun shells and gave my shop a couple of showers of falling pellets until I yelled at him to shoot his damn gun a different direction. Moron!

And while I was working, my idiot neighbor decided to shoot a box of shotgun shells and gave my shop a couple of showers of falling pellets until I yelled at him to shoot his damn gun a different direction. Moron!
:realcrazy:
Don't understand shootin at nothing particular. Put a target up and try to hit it, or throw a clay in safe direction.

Lacking the extra hands, I used Gorilla Tape and painting tape to hold the window up at this time.
Careful - all the tapes have a time limit of sorts and my understsanding is they can pull the paint if on too long.

Good luck with this project. The driver's window on my '67 has had a bit of play since I got the car in '89. Noticible most in the back and still haven't figured out what's missing or not adjusted and tightened

The tape on the paint will come off tomorrow or Tuesday. The rest of the tape is on chrome or glass

-
Back