More brake questions..

-

grassy

Reaction score
For '75 Duster.

I see in my service book that there is a bracket at the rear of the car that allows the transition between a rubber hose and solid brake line. Is that available to buy or do I need to source it used and does it have a name ?

Is there a better exploded view of the front disc brake set up ? I am looking at the pile of parts I have and I don't have an assembled one to look at for reference and I cannot figure out how the caliper mounts and with what hardware. Sorry for the run on sentence.

Thanks
Grassy

For '75 Duster. I see in my service book that there is a bracket at the rear of the car that allows the transition between a rubber hose and solid brake line. Is that available to buy or do I need to source it used and does it have a name ?

The bracket or the rubber line?

With the back flex hose,I call it a split flex line(spelling)This line goes from hard line to proportioning valve,the other 2 hard lines at rear go from the split in the junction to each wheel cylinder.This hose is held to the housing with the vent/bolt.Here is a pic of my 73 Disc setup on my 66 Dart,using Cordoba flexlines.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 068.jpg

The bracket. I see that you fasten the line with a clip.

Thanks
Ian.

That is it but for the rear. It must attach to he car vs the rear axle so it doesn't move.

ian.

Scott,

Thanks. Haven't been under the car for awhile so it may be there. Initially, I thought it was attached to the rear end but I couldn't see the ridgit line flexing. One less thng to worry about.

Oh, BION, our Chrysler dealer no longer sells Dakota parts. Go figure. Found what I needed on e-bag.

Ian.

Scott,

Thanks. Haven't been under the car for awhile so it may be there. Initially, I thought it was attached to the rear end but I couldn't see the ridgit line flexing. One less thng to worry about.

Oh, BION, our Chrysler dealer no longer sells Dakota parts. Go figure. Found what I needed on e-bag.

Ian.

grassy, what were you looking for on a dakota? I have several early dakota's and a one 2000 model year

I was looking for parking brake parts for my 8 3/4 axle. Pettybludart was able to tell me that the same parts were used in the Dak. I was at Chrysler on Saturday and found out that they (Chryler) no longer sells most dak parts.

I had followed up a bunch of leads locally with no joy which surprised me a bit because I was talking to some pretty informed guys. I had forgotten about your Aspens and Daks..my apologies.

A couple of folks here gave me a lead for a new set (thanks again) but they were pricy. Went to e-bag and found a set for a good price so I bought them.

I am going to need more stuff if my health lasts (fingers crossed) so you may hear from me soon :)

I appreciate the offer.

Ian.

Above the rear is a bracket welded on that both the exhaust and brake brackets bolt to. The brake bracket Ls in behind the top of the exhaust hanger and attaches with one bolt. The other end of the hose is a block, and attaches on top of the axle with a bolt.

Attachments

• DSCF0487 (640x480).jpg
    106 KB · Views: 135
Akx14, I do believe I remember that when I was working on the bottom of the car wondering what it was for. It is monsoonig at the moment...when the weather clears up I will slide under to tale a peek.

Thank-you.
Ian.

-
Back