More carburetor questions and opinions..

-
Meh. I thing I would rather throw parts at it than that. LOL

I have a few. I will sell um cheap.

I managed to Frankenstein up a little 600 outta a PILE of spare parts I had. It ain't much to look at, but it's super clean inside and I have a good feelin about it. Keep yer fingers crossed. lol

I put Frankenstein on the 351M and it runs like a dang new one. I cannot believe I actually did somethin right. LOL It runs like a different truck. Damn that 4175. lol

Yeah. They are both goin in the scrap pile. We know more about the 4175 than the Holley tech department and they still sell them new. Those guys don't know anything. Morons.

I looked at the 4175 closer and I think it is a mishmash of different carburetors. It probably did good to run as well as it did.

I need to pull the 600 back off and close the secondaries down a little more so I can get it to idle down a little more, but other than that, it's perfect.

I need to pull the 600 back off and close the secondaries down a little more so I can get it to idle down a little more, but other than that, it's perfect.[/QUOTE]

I always remove the secondary stop screw and flip it. Adjust the screw with the carb off. If you need to fine tune it while running you can make minor adjustments from the top with a small short screwdriver.

I was gonna wait till tomorrow, but I snatched it back off and fixed it. It's a beautiful dream now.

mderoy
Yeah, I used to do that too. But you have to shut the engine off and open the secondaries. On my AirGap I can get to it from the bottom. I just use my motorcycle carb adjusting tool. A wee small short screwdriver gets in there too, bt I almost gotta stand on my head to get it. On Rustys Ford I dunno. Seems to me IIRC theres no room under that secondary adjuster.

Congrats Rusty. May you have many,many, trouble-free miles with that runner. Yehaw!

When I get new camera batrees I will post a video.

-
Back