more computor to race car connection problems! help (again!)

-

gregsdart

Reaction score
I have an RPM data logger which worked with a previous lap top. I had to buy a new laptop, an HP envy x360. I tried using two different r232 to usba converters, tried down loading the drivers, still keep getting
COULD NOT OPEN SERIAL PORT ERROR CODE Ox2. I don't have a lot more hair to tear out! Please yelp resolve this. it doesn't say port in use, and i was able to connect with my MSD with these components.

Have you emailed the manufacturer?

Have you tried connecting to different ports to see if it will connect?

i have tried two different USB to nine pin converters in both ports. no luck . made sure i had both drivers downloaded. I can communicate now with my Digital 7, was surprised to have trouble with the data logger. I may go buy a nine pin to usbc converter, and try that.

I'll tell you what I would do, if only temporary. WHAT did you have it working with? (What OS?) If you look around you can find older, working laptops, with real 9 pin, real parallel port (printer) ports, etc, with Windblownup sleven, Whinhozed XP, etc etc. You just have to look. Might even put up a want ad

I come from the world of amateur radio, and for a time worked for a Motorola shop, up near 2000. Even back then, we COVETED older machines that could be used for radio programming, in some cases, old DOS machines, AND I STILL HAVE ONE.

I don't know what all you've tried. Have you gotten the / some/ one of the adapters you have to work with other hardware? That would at least show "end to end" success on the adapter/ computer.

The new laptop does communicate with my MSD digital 7 7531. but won't open the serial port for the RPM data logger

Did you see the new post in your thread on Speedtalk? Someone posted a link to Google and that link says you may be trying to use the same com port for more than one device.

Never used what you have, but most of this stuff will search for a com port not in use.

I'll tell you what I would do, if only temporary. WHAT did you have it working with? (What OS?) If you look around you can find older, working laptops, with real 9 pin, real parallel port (printer) ports, etc, with Windblownup sleven, Whinhozed XP, etc etc. You just have to look. Might even put up a want ad

I come from the world of amateur radio, and for a time worked for a Motorola shop, up near 2000. Even back then, we COVETED older machines that could be used for radio programming, in some cases, old DOS machines, AND I STILL HAVE ONE.

I don't know what all you've tried. Have you gotten the / some/ one of the adapters you have to work with other hardware? That would at least show "end to end" success on the adapter/ computer.
A guy I know who programs fire systems carries an older laptop around as it will connect to older stuff and will program where as the new stuff wont.

rhanks all. I clicked on a "connections" in a window of the app, and hit the right buttons! Works!

-
Back