more oiling mod questions.

-

stroker_valiant

Reaction score
Drilling a 1/64'' hole in the oil galley plug, and the cam thrust plate to squirt oil on the fuel pump eccentric, and running a moly coated eccentric. Do you guys think the moly eccentric is worth me buyin one? (under $40. from Summit. 85 modle 360 block.

I'm not sure what you'd gain out of it. Unless you're looking for that extra 3/4 of an HP, I'd say save your money and buy good whiskey.

Well this is info I read out of the how to biuld big inch small blocks. They recomended the eccentric because its a high waer area. To me it just seems a little much.

Well, you'll never feel the HP gain, but I have been useing mine for like ... a really long time. During the rebuild, the OE unit was groved from wear, so, since I'm rebuilding the engine, whats a few extra bucks for a superior unit I said. After all, in the grand scheme of things, it's small potatos.

From what I've heard and read, the moly eccentric is the way to go, but just to reduce wear, not for HP gain. I also read about drilling the small hole in the oil galley plug...not so sure about that one.

I plan on using an electric pump anyway, but will probably use the moly eccentric and not drill the plug, just in case I ever do use a mechanical pump.

-
Back