More progress!

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
got my rear brake lines all set up today. I was super nervous about drilling and taping the hole in the axle tube for the prop. block and the vent bolt. fab'd and welded the brackets for the flex line bulkheads. got all the new brake lines bent and flared. I am very proud of this little job as it is my first time bending and flaring brake lines.

brakeline0.jpg

brakelines.jpg

brakelines2.jpg

brakeline3.jpg

brakeline4.jpg

They follow the lines well. Good job. Bending lines is a true talent, and it appears you have it. What the heck is that axle? Is it just modded to look pretty, or is it something I have never heard of before?

They follow the lines well. Good job. Bending lines is a true talent, and it appears you have it. What the heck is that axle? Is it just modded to look pretty, or is it something I have never heard of before?

thank you for the compliments. it was fairly easy. just took my time. the rear end is a moser fabricated 8 3/4 housing.

Very nice !! somthing tells me you aren't building a /6 car.. some outstanding work :cheers:

Looks good! So what about the rest of your project. Do you have a build thread? What power plant etc? Yes I am nosy!! haaa

Looks good! So what about the rest of your project. Do you have a build thread? What power plant etc? Yes I am nosy!! haaa

i dont have a build thread but the car is a 67 dart. mini tubbed, frame tied, inboard springs with a 383 with eddy heads. here are a few pics.

102_0131.jpg

102_0135.jpg

DSCI0051-1.jpg

sliders027.jpg

newdownload018.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

Nice car! Did you do the shifter under the stock console yourself?? What shifter is that??
I am going to do something similar.

Who's anti sway bar is that?
The notch in the trunk with the square stock, is that to mount your shocks or just tying in the frame back there? Nice work!

Nice car! Did you do the shifter under the stock console yourself?? What shifter is that??

The notch in the trunk with the square stock, is that to mount your shocks or just tying in the frame back there? Nice work!

the shifter is a B&M quick silver. when i first put it in the shifter knob hit the ashtray when in park. i took it all apart and made the new shift arm to put the knob where i liked it. here are some pics.

DSCI0287-1.jpg

DSCI0288.jpg

DSCI0318.jpg

DSCI0324.jpg

the rear sway bar is from comp. engineering. it is a tortion tube design. it has some pretty stout mounts that you cut a 1 1/2" hole in frame rail and it mounts inside them.

the cross member that is in the trunk is for my rear shocks. when i moved the rear back 1 1/4" and lowered the car like i did the shocks that i had already paid alot of money for were too long. they would be 1/2" from bottomed out at ride height. so i cut out the original shock mount under the car and made that one. here are some pics.

caltrac010.jpg

crossmember001.jpg

crossmember014.jpg

crossmember011.jpg

i have since drilled another set of mounting holes higher up into the shock mount. i now have 3 locations where i can mount them. i have been told that the more vertical the shock the stiffer it makes them. i may be wrong but i now have choices.

got the rear-end and brake lines all finished. its off to powder coat now. drilled and threaded holes for the brake line hold down brackets.

Untitled_zps4a30c035.jpg

rear2_zps167af501.jpg

a very calm subdue'd beast. ha ha ha she isn't a runner yet. i won't start it up for the first time until the car is ready to be driven. i know if i start it up i will "jerry rig" it enough to drive it around. i want to do it right the first time. i thank you for the kind words.

-
Back