More rollbar questions

-

66dartman

Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack the other rollbar question, but I was wondering, will the 4 point bar found in jegs and summit for a 67-70 a body fit in a 66 dart?
Anyone tried it?

The biggest item here is the width and not the height.The height can be shortened,as the width can not be made smaller.Measure the interior from door panel to door panel and then get the specs from jegs,Mrmopartech

Can anyone tell me if there is a bolt in rollbar on the market?

HEY- Thats me in that picture!!! You know, I never get nothing for being in those- - - well, anyways.
There are alot of pre-bent kits out there. They all fit slightly different. We had two identical kits from Competition Engineering. One went in a '63 Dart, another a '64. The bends were very close, but not identical. On alot of chassis companies websites, they can or will give you dimensions of main hoops so you can refer back to your own cars measurements. When you need subtle tweaking, sometimes you can "bounce" the bend on concrete, and it will unspring slightly. On my '64, I had to do this to open it up slightly to get it closer to the door pillar. Kits are so much the way to go if you are looking at putting in something non custom. The cost of good DOM steel tubing has gone through the roof, and these companies buy in such massive quantities, it just makes good dollars sense.
Dale

I actually found that S&W race cars has a 8 point bar just for early a's. I haven't welded it in yet, but it fits fine on my trial fits

I got the S&W 8 point kit for my 64 Valiant. It was on sale for less the the kits in Summit or Jegs. Planning on doing the install this winter.

-
Back