More then one bolt pattern?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I need to order two new wheels to put my street tires on and have a few questions. My tires are 235/60/15, will 4.5 back spacing be ok on a stock width rear end and stock wheel wells. Also the wheels I need are 5x4.5 bolt pattern and on jegs they have a wheel that is listed 4.25, 4.5, 4.75. How do they have more then one bolt pattern that close?

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m20ProductDisplayView?catalogId=10002&langId

That's the wheel in question.

There are not all 3 on a wheel, that would be 15 holes. There may be 2 patterns, very common on tuner cars, they look as if there is a hole between every other hole but slightly farther out. the 4.5 pattern you see is common for Ford and Mopar, but Ford uses a smaller center register so M to F is fine. F to M is not. 4.75 is Chevy. 4.25 is a weird late Ford pattern, taurus and T-bird, Volvo, Ferrari, ???

If I could add to that a bit.
I have 235-70-15 tires on the rear and I wish I would have gotten 4 inch backspace instead of 4.5 as my tires have an inch or more between the stock fender skirt and less than 1/2 inch between tire and springs on the inside.

One other thing you might like to know is that a ton of jeep rims are 4.5 on 5 pattern.
I'm running Cherokee chrome rims on my 73 Swinger.

If I could add to that a bit.
I have 235-70-15 tires on the rear and I wish I would have gotten 4 inch backspace instead of 4.5 as my tires have an inch or more between the stock fender skirt and less than 1/2 inch between tire and springs on the inside.

One other thing you might like to know is that a ton of jeep rims are 4.5 on 5 pattern.
I'm running Cherokee chrome rims on my 73 Swinger.

Thanks. I have the cragers on the front so I would like to get the same so I have matching wheels.

-
Back