More Title Issues

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Help me please! I have a 65 Barracuda I bought in Virginia a few years ago, I received a Florida title with the lady's signature on it. I never had it switched to my name because of an accident I haven't been able to work on it. Yesterday I sold the car to a friend of mine who wants to restore it. We go to the North Carolina DMV and the clerk drew a line through her signature on the front and wrote open assignment / void. She never signed the back of the title. I looked her up and found she still lives in Auburndale, Florida. She doesn't have a known phone number. I do not want to do anything illegal, but I want to get a title for my friend. Do I simple write her and ask for her help or do I need to hire a lawyer in Fl. to help.
thanks for your help.

I had the same problem, I contacted the registered owner who hadn't seen the car in 20 years and they agreed to meet me at a Notary and switch the title. They didn't want any money or anything but I gave them $60.00 figuring they could go have a nice meal or something for their trouble. If you can't get a phone number on her you can always send a letter (that's what I did) with your contact info and see if you get a response. You may be able to send the title to her and have her sign in the proper spot and have it notorized if need be and send it back to you...or you could hire someone locally to visit her and work it out.

-
Back