moroso deep oil pan install

-

draginmopars

Reaction score
will the pan clear the k frame

while installing the eng, and 727 trans with the safety shield also bolted together
as one unit

into a 70 dart

Maybe need to drop the steering center link ?

Thanks

we would rather find out now
Then when the eng/trans is swinging from the eng puller :banghead:

023.jpg

Hi, i use the moroso 8qt. deep pan and it was really tight engine and trans put together. I removed the center link for install.

With a trans shield it could be that the front edges of the pan will hit the K-Member.....i thought about cutting some edges in the K-member to clear the pan, but to locate these notches you have to put it in before......so i´d say to be on the safe side remove the K-Member, put your engine on it and put it back under the car.

Michael

will the pan clear the k frame

while installing the eng, and 727 trans with the safety shield also bolted together
as one unit

into a 70 dart

Maybe need to drop the steering center link ?

Thanks

we would rather find out now
Then when the eng/trans is swinging from the eng puller :banghead:

023.jpg

Is that the pan in the picture? Is that a center sump pan....looks like a rear sump pan for a pickup truck...which does not fit a car k member...

and what tranny shield are you using?

Is that the pan in the picture? Is that a center sump pan....looks like a rear sump pan for a pickup truck...which does not fit a car k member...

and what tranny shield are you using?

good eye on the pan

i had just set it on, for the night to cover the engine,
while deciding which pan to use.
Yep, won't fit like that :banghead:

here's the correct way
the shield is a CSI

002-5.jpg

only reason, we were going to pull the trans, with the engine
was to pull the pan and if needed to inspect the the clutches while the engine was out also to install the shield ( may need floor mod for shield to fit)

may just drain the pan and pull it first, if clutch material in the pan
then pull it with the engine

main concern was going back in with trans/shield, eng/deep pan all bolted together, all in at the same time

I was able to install and pull my 340 and four speed with no problem but when I switched to a 727 put the motor in first and then the trany my shield wouldnt fit because it is a 4 sd car went to a blanket.

-
Back