Most over used color

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think is the most over used color for A bodies these days? I see a ton of sublimes.

Gold... can't stand the gold on mine. I guess I'm biased. I see a lot of purple ones for sale.

I think it changes over time. Plum crazy was very popular and B5 as well.

Plum crazy is everywhere. I do like it though. My dart is root beer/brown so at least its not as overplayed :D

plum crazy by far and large is the most overused IMO .,......everyone and their Grandma's cat either has one or wants one for some reason. Granted it does look very nice when done right and its fresh, but after seeing 4 or 5, you've seen them all.

Any frikkin B series blue. I cannot stand it.

I suppose this blue just sucks. I would post more pics , but nobody wants to see another trucking blue car LOL

I would say every color except blue is over used

Attachments

• rem59.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 273
But your blue is on something different, dummy. It looks good.

I suppose this blue just sucks. I would post more pics , but nobody wants to see another trucking blue car

I would say every color except blue is over used

its not a personal attack on you or your car......I don't like blue either but I agree that your car does look good.

Re-sale red is the only color over-used.
A quickie red spray just to sell is way over done.

I just don't see enough a-bodies, any color is a welcome sight.

its not a personal attack on you or your car......I don't like blue either but I agree that your car does look good.
butthurt ? I think not LOL choose your words wisely grasshoppa..... this one does not get butthurt, it was sarcasm. it makes no difference to me what any body thinks about blue, it is my favorite color, and it looks awesome to me , and that's all that matters. for every car out there , regardless of make , model or color, you will find someone who does not like it, nobody is immune.

butthurt ? I think not LOL choose your words wisely grasshoppa..... this one does not get butthurt, did you not take note of the sarcasm ? big difference.... it makes no difference to me what any body thinks about blue, it is my favorite color, and it looks awesome to me , and that's all that matters. for every car out there , regardless of make , model or color, you will find someone who does not like it, nobody is immune

ok, at least I got your attention.....im just glad to see you around again. :poke::poke:

Do you ever see your old duster around at all

butthurt ? I think not LOL choose your words wisely grasshoppa..... this one does not get butthurt, it was sarcasm. it makes no difference to me what any body thinks about blue, it is my favorite color, and it looks awesome to me , and that's all that matters. for every car out there , regardless of make , model or color, you will find someone who does not like it, nobody is immune.

My feeling exactly :D I was torn between triple black and b5 with black side stripes and white interior... Well, when I bought my Duster I discovered it was originally a b5 that helped me decide! B5 it is!! Some colors may be overdone but if you see as many (or FEW rather) MoPars as I do ANY color is appreciated!!

I dont see a lot of the high impact colors here. I truely think it may be a regional type thing. I painted my Scamp Plum Crazy, but there were two reasons for that. 1) Purple is the fiances favorite color and she said the only way I can buy a car is if I paint it purple. 2) Like stated there are not a whole lot of them around this area so I dont believe it is over done.

Hate all the "impact" colors.....take my over done blue any day.....for me it is not always about the color, but what accents it. And the quality of work under the color. Have seen a ton of b5 cars that sort of made me wonder about choosing it.... One thing I stayed away form was that generic butt stripe...

View attachment IMG_2980 (Medium).jpg

unseen in the above picture is the airbrush work that was done on the trunk....

Re-sale red is the only color over-used.
A quickie red spray just to sell is way over done.

I just don't see enough a-bodies, any color is a welcome sight.

I'm painting my 1968 Dodge Dart red because it was

RED from the factory!

I'm going green myself, but im not going with a factory color, I've got one the local paint shop mixed up for me that I think is going to look killer.

The impact colors look great but are way over done.I do enjoy seeing any old Mopar no matter what the color though.The 74 Duster I will be building for my wife very soon will be going a different route than most but still be using a factory color.We chose G2 Frosty Green Metallic and will be adding the white stripes with 408 call out and white interior.It was tan with a tan interior.I think Frosty Green is a great color we just don't see enough of at the moment.I also like Y2 Sunfire Yellow quite a bit.

-
Back