motor mount help!!!!!!!

-

78kitcar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 73 small block spool mount k-member that had 318 mounts in place.Now im swapping in a 69 340 motor and i just realized that the mounts are different.The 69 motor has 3 mounting holes on the block and the 318 mounts have 4 mounting holes. I thought (assumed) that all small block mounts would work with all small blocks.I guess my question is does anybody have mounts for a 69 block that will bolt in my 73 spool mount k-member.
THANKS GUYS

Pass side mount is the same and should work. Driver side is a little different. May need to get one for a 340/360. Or I have hered that the 318 one may work if you put in a spacer.

Pass side mount is the same and should work. Driver side is a little different. May need to get one for a 340/360. Or I have hered that the 318 one may work if you put in a spacer.

i have 318 mounts on my 340 just slipped a spacer in betwen the rear ear on the block and the mount on the driver side."spacer is just a fairly big nut from a M10 exhaust clamp if i remeber right:)

-
Back