Motor Mount Install Question

-
See the nice long oval holes? QA1 says that is to make their K member viable for a slant 6 or V8. I think there's like 2" difference in the factory hole placements?

So, there should be no problem with this K member using these mounts. And, they do fit. My question was more about the orientation of the passenger side mount.

upload_2021-2-7_21-48-38.png

We'll, I wonder why in the world does it show on the passenger side in the instructions

Because somebody messed up, that's why. Locking mounts fit on the driver's side. The engine torques towards the passenger's side when running. Those locking tabs are to hold the mount together if the rubber fails.

See the nice long oval holes? QA1 says that is to make their K member viable for a slant 6 or V8. I think there's like 2" difference in the factory hole placements?

So, there should be no problem with this K member using these mounts. And, they do fit. My question was more about the orientation of the passenger side mount.

View attachment 1715685811

And your question has been answered multiple times. Putting the tabbed mount on the passenger's side is WRONG.

If u look at the brackets the way he has them they will be right for a slant K member. But for a V8 K and his crossmember he has to switch the biscuits from side to side to level the engine. His instructions clearly show them installed on the block for using a slant K member. Kim

Last edited:
I moved away from those type of motor mounts too many failures. And you have a lot more to work than I make. But I will say that the problems were greatly increased by my 275 drag radials
I went to a moroso solid mount I think Polly locks or running a bolt through a biscuit type mount are better options for the street

If u look at the brackets the way he has them they will be right for a slant K member. But for a V8 K and his crossmember he has to switch the biscuits from side to side to level the engine. His instructions clearly show them installed on the block for using a slant K member. Kim

Yup. He's just gonna have to work around it with custom parts.

The engine site where it should, on a k frame made for either /6 or LA engine, so that's not the issue. He asked about a goofy looking rubber insulator, and if it mattered. So he doesn't need custom parts, or any other parts for that matter. Go back and look at the very first picture he posted, we've been overanalyzing the whole thing. The 408 fits the way it should, that was never the concern, just the rubber biscuit.

-
Back