motor mount question

-

fst68

Reaction score
I have a original 318 68 barracuda swapped in a La 360 and now the driver side mount doesnt fit correctly. I was hoping someone has gone through this and could recommend some mounts thanks in advance

The passenger sides ears are the same on all the small blocks, and so the brackets(67 to 72) are mostly the same.The drivers side ears are different between the 273/318 and the 340/360. You need a 340 bracket.
Or the Schumacher mounts. Or get creative. Or break out the torch.Its not that difficult to make the teener mount fit.

if you have some fabricating skills you can add the top rear ear to a 318 drivers' side mount and use a 3/8" spacer.
There are a few threads on this.

This might be a question for me also , I am thinking about converting my 66 valiant from a slant 6 to a 340. are there mounts that I will need to change also?

I notice all these year sets end at 72. What if you are changing from a 318 to a 360 in a 73?

So do you all think a stock 340 mount would work if i could find one

I notice all these year sets end at 72. What if you are changing from a 318 to a 360 in a 73?

I think the 73 mount is totally different i think its a spool type where as 67 to 72 is a bisqet type mount

This might be a question for me also , I am thinking about converting my 66 valiant from a slant 6 to a 340. are there mounts that I will need to change also?

early A (63-66) bodies used the same k frame for the SB and the slant. if you use the 273 engine brackets and motor mounts, bolt right in. or Schumakers will sell you the required stuff.

there are a million posts on this subject.

also remember you probably would want to update the rear end, which will require different drive shaft. the SB will require diff rad. the list goes on.....

I have a original 318 68 barracuda swapped in a La 360 and now the driver side mount doesnt fit correctly. I was hoping someone has gone through this and could recommend some mounts thanks in advance

The ears on the 340/360 are d different spacing on the left side (driver's) than on the 273/318.

Here is the set that you need from mancini. You can find some used ones cheaper, but these are for both sides, the rubber mounts, and bolts...

http://www.manciniracing.com/19absmalbloc.html

The 340 engine bracket bolts right on. I have one on my 360.

fnaramore
The 73 up cars have whats commonly called spool mounts. The engine mounts on the Ks are different. The engine brackets also, are different. The steering parts and the swaybar are also different.The steering box seems to mount in the same place.The Ks mount the same way on the frame, and in that way are interchangeable.You just need to bring along all the generation specific pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Johnson

early A (63-66) bodies used the same k frame for the SB and the slant. if you use the 273 engine brackets and motor mounts, bolt right in. or Schumakers will sell you the required stuff.

there are a million posts on this subject.

also remember you probably would want to update the rear end, which will require different drive shaft. the SB will require diff rad. the list goes on.....

Thanks Barbee, so with the list of things growing to do a motor swap I should rethink changing the the almost stock car and keep it original.

My 73 dart swinger, gonna have a 360 to drop into it soon enough. Reading this post brought up the question what I might have to do to mount the thing in there lol

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=219292

attachment.php

-
Back