Motor mount rubbers

-

davalf

Reaction score
I have a 67 valiant signet and I am putting a 79 or later 360 in it with a 727 trans. The car came with the correct motor mount brackets for the slant 6 to V8 swap. The rubber for the motor mounts need to be replaced. The mounts that were on there were two different thicknesses. Is this correct. And I am having trouble finding the replacements online. Thanks in advance.

Dave

The thick one is part number 2265

getimage.php

and the thinner one is 2266.

getimage.php

I posted a question about them a couple of months ago and the consensus was that you could use either insulator but use the same ones on both sides. They are both available from RockAuto.com for about $3 each.

Thank you for the quick reply. I ordered 2 of each to make sure I would have what I need to get it in there.

I have a 67 valiant signet and I am putting a 79 or later 360 in it with a 727 trans. The car came with the correct motor mount brackets for the slant 6 to V8 swap. The rubber for the motor mounts need to be replaced. The mounts that were on there were two different thicknesses. Is this correct. And I am having trouble finding the replacements online. Thanks in advance.

Dave

The /6 should be two different ones, that's why they raised one side in the newer k frames, and that kinda sucks, with the old k frames you only had to swap mounts to put a v8 in, even tho the spool mount k frames are better at keeping the engine in place.

Thank you. Does it really matter which one I use? Is there an advantage for one over the other?

Thank you. Does it really matter which one I use? Is there an advantage for one over the other?

You may have to install the engine and check hood clearance, I don't think it really matters what set you use, as long as you can close the hood, but I would run a torque strap or do like I always do, and use a piece of chain to keep the engine from ripping your new mounts out.

For a lot more money, you can buy internally interlocking mount pads that won't rip out. I bought some at a meet, they were something like $70 the pair. Yeah, that's expensive, but my torque strap wasn't keeping the old ones from tearing, it just kept the motor in place. Just a suggestion.

-
Back