motor mount ?

-

71d3m0n

Reaction score
this is a pic of 440 in a demon . i am having issues with vibration .i have not seen a big block abody in person so im not sure what motor mounts are supposed to look like. i have to shim motor up like this because i have fenderwell headers and they were hitting body.just wanted to see if anyone sees anything wrong . oh also the bolt that holds oil pomp spring in is rubbing lightly on k frame to but there is not much meat left between hole for motor mount and notch for pump . if i wanted to grind it more .

Attachments

• motor mount1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 485
  • motormount2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 486
One problem I see is you need to get more oil pump clearance. Your motor mounts will give enough to cause a vibration with oil pump and the K-frame mount. Also how close is the oil filter.

filter has good clearance how far back can i trim for the oil pomp before i have to worry about motormount hole. i would say there is only like 1/2" already. the metal is thick but just not sure if i need to worry.the only place its touching is the bolt for the oil pump spring

wont the solid mounts cause alot of vibration too? lol and the tie is just holding a rubber sleeve so the hose dosent rub frame.thanks it does look funny in the pic

Looks like a home-hacked setup using small block isolators (mounts). Is your vibration all the time or while idling or driving?

i dont feel it idling but it has a healthy cam .by moving mounts around i can get it to change but it never goes away its more so 1500 to 2500 rpm

Well, you're not too far from me. I might be able to take a look at it sometime this weekend.

that would be awesome i will be at palm and nees fri night .i gues first fri of every month they have a huge car show. if not then . give me a call when you are free 559-314-5001 .adam thank you . what car do you have maybe ive seen it

You know? It just occurred to me that if you have a cast crank and a torque converter that's not balanced (weights on the converter) OR you are using the wrong front harmonic balancer (cast balancer on a steel crank motor OR steel crank balancer on a cast crank motor) that thing will vibrate like a La-Z-Boy recliner on full massage setting! The rubber mounts look correct unless your header is hitting somewhere.

im 99.999 % sure its a steel crank ,no weights on balancer and no weights on converter flex plate has no weight or notchif that sounds correct ?. headers have been hitting u can c in pics i shimed motor up so they wont hit but the oil pump bolt for the spring is barley rubbing on k frame not sure if that would do it but i havent figured out how to keep it from touching.

that sounds weird the bolt on the back of the oil pump that holds the pressure spring lol

IF I get a chance I'll head out there Friday. We don't have anything old running at the moment so I'll either be in my wife's '02 Sebring or my '00 Durango.

im 99.999 % sure its a steel crank ,no weights on balancer and no weights on converter flex plate has no weight or notchif that sounds correct ?. headers have been hitting u can c in pics i shimed motor up so they wont hit but the oil pump bolt for the spring is barley rubbing on k frame not sure if that would do it but i havent figured out how to keep it from touching.

Did it vibrate before you put those little washers under the mount ? you need a spacer that is the full size of the mount , also why not just trim the inner fender some ?

looks like a hi volume pump ?

yes i will probably do some trimming and its always had spacers just has one more now . yes high volume pump

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNmf1pbSOoc"]440 Demon.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back