motor mounts not fitting

-

matarcher

65dartonly
Reaction score
hey guys, so i went to my grandmas for a week for vacation and to see my dad. while we were there my grandma asked that me and my dad cleanup the storage shed and garage.

well i found a bunch of stuff for my car. here is a list of the big items i found; the intake (4 barrell), the orignal carb, (carter 4 barrell with a rebuild kit), the alt. with the pulleys and brakets, the crank pulley with the ac splines on it, and the motor mounts which brings me to my problem.

i was farting around in the garage and for ***** and giggles, i thought i would see if my mount brackets would fit my engine blocks i have. they are both 318's and one is '76 & the other is '77. well the brackets for the 273 are two small (see pics) am i missing something here or do i need different ones? i thought that those brackets will fit a 273, 318, 340 & 360..... the holes line up it's just they are small in the width.

i will post some pics of the goodies i got tomorrow.

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

the driver side brackets from a 273/318 do not fit the driver side of the 340/360...

you can use a stack of flat washers or some kind of spacer to make it work...

the driver side brackets from a 273/318 do not fit the driver side of the 340/360...

you can use a stack of flat washers or some kind of spacer to make it work...

i was thinking about cutting the one bracket i have that come with one of the motors as a spacer. the hole all line up perfect just need to get a few longer bolts. thanks for the input.

one other thing. the two brackets i found this last weekend look exactly the same. is that normal?

-
Back