Motor mounts

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
I probably put this in the wrong section, here goes. I acquired. 1990 dodge ram charger 4x4. 318 auto. I'm on the hunt for solid, or poly motor mounts. I found solids at summit for b bodies, but in unsure if they will work. The trucks forum hasn't been any help. So, I was hoping someone here would know. I appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

are you looking for the metal brackets or just the replacement rubber element ?

if you need the metal bracket those are around i might know of some ...they are way different than B-bodys ......if the engine is in the truck not likely you need this part

if you just need the replacement rubber part of the mount ....auto zone part number 2469 or any parts store like that can get you replacements

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...ilterByKeyWord=motor+mounts&fromString=search

are you looking for the metal brackets or just the replacement rubber element ?

if you need the metal bracket those are around i might know of some ...they are way different than B-bodys ......if the engine is in the truck not likely you need this part

if you just need the replacement rubber part of the mount ....auto zone part number 2469 or any parts store like that can get you replacements

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1990-Dodge-Ramcharger-4WD/Motor-Mount/_/N-ign31Z8ii2i?filterByKeyWord=motor+mounts&fromString=search

Those are OE mounts. I'm looking for the solid steel mounts that replace the rubber element

Why do you want to put solid mounts in your truck?

Doing solid mounts for a play toy. I would like poly mounts, but I can't find those either

what about Schumaker? or however it's spelled.
the guy that has all the swap kits...an A-body
solid mount is close to a truck but I believe is shorter. Bob

what about Schumaker? or however it's spelled.
the guy that has all the swap kits...an A-body
solid mount is close to a truck but I believe is shorter. Bob

I didn't think about them.

Cliff, I know. Solid mounts would rattle my brains out. I just don't like regular mount when towing or play time is involved. They tend to break rather easy

I didn't think about them.

Cliff, I know. Solid mounts would rattle my brains out. I just don't like regular mount when towing or play time is involved. They tend to break rather easy

Never broke one with a 440 in my 65 Sport Fury and I raced that car

I have a easier solution. If you are scared of breaking motor mounts chain the engine down on the driver side

Were they spool mount or biscuit that you were breaking? I believe shumaker has the fix biscuit style with the over lapping metal inside so they don't break... I know for a fact you can get polly replacement for the spool mount style as I have a set on my shelf I can get the part # latter but I bought them off summit, But spool mount shouldn't really break in the first place...

Were they spool mount or biscuit that you were breaking? I believe shumaker has the fix biscuit style with the over lapping metal inside so they don't break... I know for a fact you can get polly replacement for the spool mount style as I have a set on my shelf I can get the part # latter but I bought them off summit, But spool mount shouldn't really break in the first place...

I'm ashamed to say, I have no idea what the difference between spool mount and biscuit mount is unless there's butter or wire involved

Biscuit is essentially a flat piece of rubber with a bolt on either side. Spool mount is rubber with metal surrounding it and and a long bolt through it; the mount goes into a U shaped tower on the K member.

Old tired rebel is right if you have a Biscuit mount a torque strap is a good idea.

Biscuit is essentially a flat piece of rubber with a bolt on either side. Spool mount is rubber with metal surrounding it and and a long bolt through it; the mount goes into a U shaped tower on the K member.

Old tired rebel is right if you have a Biscuit mount a torque strap is a good idea.

I had biscuit mounts on my 85 then

We took one of those adjustable bolts with the eyes on each end and used it to hold the drivers side down looks alot better than a chain.

Just get the poly biscuit style, they are not as thick as the truck ones, so just make a flat steel spacer to make up the hight differance.. easy!

-
Back