motor mounts

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
Have a 360 .... do the motor mounts go on the inside of ears on both sides of the engine. Installing on a 69 dart .... have the original 318 on the passenger side and a 340 one for the drivers side. Looked at the other dart i have and it has both mounts on the inside of the ear.
Also ...have one long bolt ...is that for the drivers side top ...do all nuts point to the front of the car. An finally ...does anyone have the torque specs on the lower control arm ...book says 200 in ....but i have not reached that ...the torsion bar adjusting arm has gone up and when i try to push it back down ...it recoils back up ...did not want to tighten it any more ...the adjusting bolt is loosen right off ...I would think this lever would slide up and down until u put tension on the torsion bars. Any help would be great.

They cannot go "on the inside". They either (wrongly) fit on the front sides of the ears or (rightly) fit towards the rear of the ears

I've never seen a "long bolt" and that sounds like a very bad idea. Three separate bolts on each bracket.

attachment.php

Yes, the mount goes on the back side of the mounting ears on the block.

Also if you are picky and want to do it exactly as the factory did, the bolts go in from the front and point rearward. Then you can slip the mount on all three bolts at the same time from the rear and then run the nuts down...

The bolts are supposed to be 7/16" - 14 (fine thread) by about 1 1/2" long...

Here's the right side:

View attachment Eng Mt A04 B.jpg

View attachment Eng Mt A07 B.jpg

View attachment Eng Mt A06 B.jpg

View attachment Eng Mt A05 B.jpg

Here's the left side:

View attachment Eng Mt A02 B.jpg

Ok ...thanks ...thats the way I had them but someone mentioned one goes on inside and one to the outside. This way they both fit perfectly. Can anyone confirm the torque specs...rubber iso to k-frame ....rubber to motor mount and the mount to block. Thanks Guys

-
Back